This is a big question

There are small hairs in some crusts from the top of my head. Small flat scabs with a small hair thruogh it. I really hope this is normal. I am 10 days post-op

2,542 strip with Dr. Dorin on December 8, 2010.

1286 Singles.

1176 Doubles.

80 Triples.

3878 hairs.

Well the grafts grow until they shed, so at day 10 it could be the result of growth. The scabs/crust should be gone soon and you will be able to see for sure. But, I was told that a dislodged graft would bleed quite a bit and would be obvious.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

I'm right there with you buddy. 10 days out and I get little round crusty things flying off! I have my sutures removed tomorrow and I will ask for sure but from what I understand this is the norm. We are where we are supposed to be. Heck, I even hit a light workout yesterday!

Good luck man, keep us posted as you grow!

Joe

This is normal, the hair you are seeing is the graft that was transplanted, and the crust is just the scab that was healing. You should start removing the crusts at day 8 after showering for about 20 minutes to soften and loosen the scabs, and with a little brushing with your finger tips (not scratching) they should all fall off, and some of those hairs will start to shed as well, but will regrow at 3-4 months.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I figured but justed wanted to make sure because I saw the little hairs in the crusts. I get my stitches out Wednesday and I am looking forward to buzzing my head even thought the incision will show. It is better than looking the way I do now because almost all my native hair fell out as well. Shock loss hit hard. There wasn't much there to begin with but it is noticeable. I am really looking forward to the months to come. I see a lot of guys shed their scabs and have the transplanted stubble there for a little so you can envision how things might look. Thanks guys!

Edited by joeyz400

1286 Singles.

1176 Doubles.

80 Triples.

3878 hairs.

• 4 weeks later...
This is normal, the hair you are seeing is the graft that was transplanted, and the crust is just the scab that was healing. You should start removing the crusts at day 8 after showering for about 20 minutes to soften and loosen the scabs, and with a little brushing with your finger tips (not scratching) they should all fall off, and some of those hairs will start to shed as well, but will regrow at 3-4 months.

Thehairupthere can you get my transplant history with the amount of single, double and multiple graphs I received. As well as the hairs per cm and total numbers of hairs. I had it done by Dr. Dorin on Wednesday Dec 8 2010.

Thanks, Joe

1286 Singles.

1176 Doubles.

80 Triples.

3878 hairs.

You had 1286 singles, 1176 doubles, 80 triples totaling 2542 grafts and 3878 hairs. The grafts per square centimeter varies from one area to the next but it was approximately 40-45 throughout the area.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks.

You had 1286 singles, 1176 doubles, 80 triples totaling 2542 grafts and 3878 hairs. The grafts per square centimeter varies from one area to the next but it was approximately 40-45 throughout the area.

1286 Singles.

1176 Doubles.

80 Triples.

3878 hairs.

Hey guys, I am wondering from from past experiences and results, how do you think I will fair with these numbers?

1286 Singles.

1176 Doubles.

80 Triples.

3878 hairs.