Thinning over the whole top of my head...rogaine?

thinnerthin

I've been researching a lot about what to do with my situation. It looks like my hair has been thinning evenly throughout the whole top of my head and to be honest it looks fine in pictures with no lighting, but when a light or then sun shines directly on my head, my thinning is VERY noticeable. I've tried biotin shampoos and oils but it doesn't really seem to be working. I wanted to try Rogaine foam but it says it only works in the vertex? Would that mean I'll only maintain hair / regrow hair on the back of my scalp but thin out in the front?

Any other suggestions? I'm kind of afraid to start using Propecia because of the side effects.

Any replies will be greatly appreciated.. thank you

Using Rogaine would definitely be a good first step. It does usually work the best on the top and crown, but it can also work on the forelock and frontal area, it's just much less common. Saying that you should not expect major differences in the front, but mostly a stabilization effect, while the better results would normally occur on the top and crown. Propecia seems to be a better medication in terms of overall results, and the side effects are rare. If you do experience the side effects it would be within the first two months and if you stop the medication immediately after noticing those effects you have a high chance of returning to normalcy after 2-3 weeks when it is out of your system. If you were interested in adding extra density to the frontal portion you would have to consider transplantation as it is the only way to really enhance that region for the majority of the medication users out there.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians