Wellman Prostate - Possibly worth checking out?

mahhong

Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd throw this out there as I haven't seen it on these forums and thought some people may want to take a look.

There is a company called Wellman who sell a range of multivitamins and general 'wellbeing' concoctions across the UK (I don't know if they are international). I noticed recently one of the products they sell is called Wellman Prostate. This is of course supposed to be a concoction of vitamins and herbs targeted at maintaining a healthy prostate but I decided to check the back of the pack, knowing that prostates and hairloss have quite a lot in common when it comes to human biology! The list of stuff in each tablet can be found on this site:

** link removed - please research the ingredients **

Interestingly it was pretty much a 'who's who' of reported alternative hairloss drugs: saw palmetto, lipoic acid, l-carnitine, l-arginine, green tea extract, pumpkin seed extract and many more.

In terms of amounts found in each tablet there is information, but currently I haven't done much research about how much is in each tablet compared to suggested doses from hair loss sufferers.

Anyway I thought I would bring it to the attention of the community since I figured it might warrant further exploration. Of course none of these herbs/vitamins have a proven effect on hairloss but given the link between prostate and hair loss, and given it really is a concoction of the most common alternatives to propecia and minoxidil, I figured it would be worth posting up.

You don't need a prescription to buy or use them of course, and whilst I don't know much about Wellman they're a fairly popular and well advertised/funded multivitamins company here in the UK - certainly not a couple of guys operating out of a bedroom or anything. I can't vouch for them except to say I used their 'immunace' multivitamins for a pretty long time without any side effects or problems, which doesn't really count for much one way or another.

Anyway I'm going to do a little research and maybe consider using them for a 3-6 month trial just to see what happens (I'm not currently using anything for my hairloss). I really wanted to post up here to see what people thought and particularly if anybody has a more scientific or researched opinion on whether there is a possibility they may be useful. It's clearly not a hairloss drug but I would hazard a good guess they're one of the higher quality, safer concoctions you could hope to find.

Look forward to seeing if anybody has used them or done a bit more research on them. I'm on the fence but thought the list of ingredients was interesting enough to warrant further discussion!

Edited by Future_HT_Doc