Questions

TomA

I have been wondering about three questions that I have not seen answered elsewhere:

1. When, if ever, is it too late to start using treatments like minoxodil/dutasteride/finasteride? In other words can an NW5 or 6 start using these meds at age 60 and see an improvement?

2. I remember that Rogaine had a drawing of a guy with different levels of hair loss and it said that if your hair loss was worse than this, it may not work. Is this due to the LENGTH of time someone has been losing hair, OR is it referring to the person's genetic NW destiny?

3. I know that minoxidil is only for the crown. If someone has more hair loss than that, again say NW 5 or 6, would it still work in the crown area?

4. Finally, the drawing seems to indicate that it may work on a completely bald crown, which I didn't think was the case.

Edited by TomA

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.