Rogaine for vertex only? What about frontal/temple and receding hairline?

kevin1979

I was about to purchase Rogaine today, but on the box it states specifically that Rogaine will not work for a receding hairline or the temple / frontal area. My hairloss is a general thinning of the hair on the top and frontal area of my head, and a receding hairline.

So, is it true that Rogaine will only work for the vertex?

I've been told by a prominent HT surgeon who is recommended on this site that Rogaine cannot claim to work on any area of the head other than the vertex because the trial study that was submitted to FDA was only done on the vertex. He said that he thinks using it on the hairline is less effective, but still effective.

I've been told by a prominent HT surgeon who is recommended on this site that Rogaine cannot claim to work on any area of the head other than the vertex because the trial study that was submitted to FDA was only done on the vertex. He said that he thinks using it on the hairline is less effective, but still effective.

Makes sense. I may give it a shot unless someone recommends something better.

What Rogaines done for me is give me the occasional headache and other occasional scares, and make the odd hair really weird and long. But since I dont have any other options I am still using it. Hairloss continues.

I have been really trying hard to find out any long term numbers for its use apart from controlled medical trials, nearest I have come is consumer research website report which says most found it not effective. :-(

Rogaine is meant for the top of your head, just like Finasteride - according to the company anyway. I used Rogaine foam for 2-3 months, I did not see much in terms of results. That is not to say that it doesn't work but Rogaine is just too much effort if you ask me. Are you really okay with using powerfully scented foam on your head twice daily, for the rest of your life?