fue and scaring

Ive been battling hair loss since I was 21 (25 now), Ive been taking propecia for a few years now and just started rogain (5-6 months). My hair became thick and full due to the propecia, to the point where I had amazing hair but I started feeling my sex drive bottom out. So I was prescribed Testosterone which boosted me back to normal (2-3 cycles) and still continued the propecia use. But after 3-4 months of being on the test I started to see alot more hair falling out when I washed it. So naturally I stopped using it but I continued to have more and more hair loss.

Im only experiencing loss in the crown area but its more the left side of my head than the top (kinda weird). I will eventually shave my head when my hair loss becomes much worse but since im still young Im considering a fue transplant. I dont want to deal with a scar in the back of my head so a traditional transplant is out. I keep my hair really short (1-2 on the sides) and like I said I will eventually just shave my head when it becomes bad.

Im wondering what kind of scaring the Fue transplant will leave, would that be noticeable later on in life when I bic my head? It would most likely be a small graf but I just want something to get me through the rest of my 20s. Sorry for the long read just wanted to provide some back ground on the situation.

Reelbuzed,

Follicular unit extraction, in the right hands and under the right conditions, has the potential to result in almost undetectable scarring and may allow for the hair to be clipped very short. However, in my opinion, I do not believe that FUE will stand up to a bic in terms of invisible scarring.

Having said that, I would strongly advise you to contact one of our recommended hair restoration physicians that performs FUE for a consultation. Scarring varies greatly from person to person.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website