Dr Wong: 3 & 4 month post op updates

BillyJ

Hello,

Have posted photos on my Hair Loss Website of progress at the 3 and 4 month stages. I apologise in advance for the dubious quality of the photographs, my photography skills have yet to improve! As mentioned on my website, I feel progress is more discernable in reality than perhaps can be seen in the pictures posted - biased view of course! Nevertheless, the pictures do provide noticeable improvement over each recorded period; hope you will agree?

Generally, things continue to go well post op. The associated numbness seems to have gone, can't say the same for the redness on my scalp - although is has faded quite a lot. And with hair growing in that area it is becoming less and less noticeable. Even when it was more prominent I didn't mind too much as it framed a hairline.

Have had a lot of spots and bumps on the head which seem to appear and disappear quickly and randomly. Something I've not experienced before - as have fortunately never suffered from acne, not even as a youth. Discovered that this is a sign of activity and impending growth so am happy for the experience and in all honesty it causes me no physical or emotional pain.

The crown is lagging behind the rest of the scalp in its reawakening, which I understand is normal. Although I have felt some yawning signs recently. I'm only 4 months on so shall continue to be patient and hopeful in my expectancy.

Please do visit my web page and should you care to comment, or indeed have any questions, I shall be pleased to hear from you and also to respond.

Kind regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for keeping the forum updated with your latest pics, it looks on track as you say in the early days the hair comes through fine and is difficult to pick up in photos particularly when you are taking the photos yourself, you still have some lingering redness, have you tried aloe vera for this?

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Hi David,

Good to see you are progressing nicely. As for me, think I'm adhering closely to the proverbial "text-book".

Clearly, things are moving forward, which is exciting. The lingering redness I understand will eventually fade. In a communication with H&W on another point I referred to using Aloe Vera and was advised it wasn't necessary unless the scalp continued to be very red. As the redness does appear to be fading thought I would just allow nature to take its course.

Best wishes.

Bill

Hello 1966 - great year, I remember it well!

Thank you for bringing a smile to my face, as I remember with great fondness my hippy, happy days. Just watched a programme on the life and times of Jimi Hendrix - brought back bitter-sweet memories. I was at the Isle of Wight festival in 1970 when Jimi played what I believe was his last gig! Perhaps I could become a born again hippy - must dust down that guitar!

Pleased you agree and can see signs of activity from my photos and thank you for your kind words.

All good wishes.

Bill