Proscar Question

jdhillon

Hi,

I have seen many posts on here about Proscar and had a few queries:

1) I am based in the UK, and am considering using Proscar, however, due to some of its side effects, do you recommend I consult someone before taking it? If so who should I consult? Is it something my GP would know about and be willing to discuss? Or can I speak to one of the HT experts on here and carryout an online consultation?

2) Those that have used Proscar, can you provide me with your opinions on its effectiveness?

3) Which website would you recommend I buy from in terms of best price and who will deliver to the UK?

4) Since you have to break the tablet up into smaller pieces, is it eay to break the tablet up or do you end up crushing it?

5) How may pieces should you divide a 5mg tablet into, is it 5?

Thanks in advance...

J

1) Any GP should be able to tell you about Proscar, but a HT surgeon would be best suited. There are plenty of knowledgeable physicians and users on here that could inform you.

2) As far as I go, the medication is VERY effective. Within a month my hairloss completely ceased. At around month 4 I started seeing some new hairs sprouting. Mind you, this is all before I started Minoxidil 2 months ago. I have been on 1/4 Proscar since November 2009.

3) http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/156794-dr-ashcroft-supplies-uk-meds-his-new-info.html

4) Every brand of Proscar is shaped differently. Mine are shaped like a football. I break it in half, then break the halves in half.

5) It's so hard to get 5 equal pieces out of 5 mg. most people just 1/4 it.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D