Update: About 5 and 1/2 months

Dan9252

Hello! I posted about a week and a half ago, where i was a little over 5 months on propecia. Now i am at about 5 and 1/2 months and i had an interesting observation that i'd like to share in regards to temple regrowth. I included pictures with master art drawing so you can see what i mean.

But its almost like the temple is growing back in from the sides. It's best to see by looking at the pictures, but when i started out my side hair line showed the classic straight slant going all the way up to the corner of my temple.

Now 5 and 1/2 months later (or close to that) it seems like the hair at the temples is growing back thicker and moving inward from the sides.

You can see from the first picture that the hair that slanted off from the main slant (as i call it) formed a wide angle. (also note that my hair is longer, so the hair kinda flopped over over the birthmark, which is my reference mark, making it look like i actually had hair there, which i didn't)

LeftTemple-1.jpg

Now from the picture i took today, you can see that area highlighted in the first picture has filled itself in and is more square, also the angle is almost a perfect perpendicular angle, which would seem to be more associated with a youthful hairline.

DSC01827.jpg

I'd also like to add that i've been doing scalp messages everyday for as long as i've been on propecia. While obviously not the main source of regrowth, i believe that scalp massage has an added value when combined with other treatments because of its stress release and possible extra blood flow.

Being 18, im confident that i caught my hairloss pretty early and luckily so, as so far it seems that i've had great strengthening of the hairline with some temple regrowth, and can't wait to see what will happen in the coming months.

I was afraid people might not understand the markings. To me it seems like the temple is filling in starting with the area where i put the markings.

The angle mark i made because it seems that angle changed. Going from a wide angle to a more narrow angle, which would mean that there is hair where it wasn't before.

Maybe i'm just crazy!

Dan9252,

Thank you for keeping the community updated on your progress. It looks like you've experienced a nice gain from Propecia! Congratulations!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.