hi guys i am new here and i am looking for the treatment

funkygarzon

hi guys ,

i went for hair treatment for one year to an dermatologist and he suggested me some medicine but it has no effect , and i started searching on net about the treatment ,but one thing is striking in my head it may be caused because of inheritance because my father had hair loss, but the thing is i am lossing it very soon . First i tough it might be dandraff and i first took medicine specified by doctor for dandraff and the dandraff went but still with more hair loss ,i commonly found many of the people have dandraff but they still have full density of hair , so i decided the hair loss for me is due to the "Androgenic alopecia" that is DHT so in wikipedia itself they have suggested some medicine which i have mentioned below 1. Finasteride

2.Dutasteride and Ketoconazole are also 5-alpha reductase inhibitors,

3. Minoxidil,

4.LLLT, or Low Level Laser Therapy

5.Topical Caffeine

and i also read the side effect for " Finasteride " the male sexuality is decreasing because of this medicine . is this true for all men ?

with all this i am confused ,so please suggest me the best medicine from above or any other you all know which works for hair loss..thanks in advance :confused::confused::confused:

Hi FG

A safe start would be Finasteride + Minoxidil. Finasteride will partially block the effect of DHT and Minoxidil will help hair (re)grow to an extent. If you're beginning the treatement in the early stage of your hairloss, you're likely to have good results. Wait at least 3 months to assess if it's working or not for you. You may also get some shedding for a while. Don't stop the treatment, it's a sign it's working.

Decrease in libido is a side effect that occurs in a minority of those taking the drug. Less than 5%

Hi FG

A safe start would be Finasteride + Minoxidil. Finasteride will partially block the effect of DHT and Minoxidil will help hair (re)grow to an extent. If you're beginning the treatement in the early stage of your hairloss, you're likely to have good results. Wait at least 3 months to assess if it's working or not for you. You may also get some shedding for a while. Don't stop the treatment, it's a sign it's working.

Decrease in libido is a side effect that occurs in a minority of those taking the drug. Less than 5%

thank you very much Kenaz73,

can you please tell me ,

1.where should i buy these medicine ? because many of them are supplying fake medicine online.

2. I found many brands of Finasteride like generic , propecia , proscar and Pfizer, which one of Finasteride is best ?

3. And how much mg of tablet i have to take per day dude ? i mean 1 mg or 5 mg ?

4. And another doubt for me is, i am in india ,we don't have "propecia and proscar and pfizer - Finasteride " but here we have similar to Finasteride from "cipla" called "Fincar" , i want to know whether "cipla -Fincar" give the same effect like "propecia Finasteride" and other brands of Finasteride .thank you very much in advance dude .... waiting for your reply dude

Edited by funkygarzon

funkygarzon,

Finasteride is the active ingredient in the drugs Proscar and Propecia. Proscar contains 5mg finasteride and is prescribed for treating prostate issues. Propecia contains 1mg and is approved for treating hair loss. Pfizer is a pharmaceutical company.

In the US, we can only get the 5mg pill in generic form due to patent restrictions. I believe in India you can also get generic Propecia (1mg).

Hope this helps!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

It's hard saying for sure how close to the brand products generics are but i haven't yet heard anyone complaining about Cipla's and Dr Reddy's finax which is also produced in India. You can go to either of their website and contact them for a list of trustworthy retailers.

It's 1mg a day.

funkygarzon,

Finasteride is the active ingredient in the drugs Proscar and Propecia. Proscar contains 5mg finasteride and is prescribed for treating prostate issues. Propecia contains 1mg and is approved for treating hair loss. Pfizer is a pharmaceutical company.

In the US, we can only get the 5mg pill in generic form due to patent restrictions. I believe in India you can also get generic Propecia (1mg).

Hope this helps!

thank you very much for your help dude ,

Really your information helped me a lot dude . So Proscar is prescribed only for prostate issues and not for treating hairloss right ? and also i got one mild doubt ,what is "generic form" dude ? , i am sorry for the noobies question :confused:

It's hard saying for sure how close to the brand products generics are but i haven't yet heard anyone complaining about Cipla's and Dr Reddy's finax which is also produced in India. You can go to either of their website and contact them for a list of trustworthy retailers.

It's 1mg a day.

thank you very much for your reply dude ,

At last in india particularly in my place ,we are getting only one brand of Finasteride that is "Dr Reddy's Finax -Finasteride( 1 mg) " . Now please please make it clear to me ,will this "Dr Reddy's Finax -Finasteride( 1 mg)" gives the good result in treating hair loss, i mean preventing from future hair loss and and making it regrowth again ? I am asking this because this Dr Reddy's Finax -Finasteride is very cheap i.e.," 30 pill = 100 rs =2 $" , it is too cheap so i am slightly afraid about this " Dr Reddy's Finax" and also i read description of Finax which was written behind that tablet and i did n't see any thing mentioning about hair loss treatment dude :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: . please guide me please .... sorry for disturbing you dude

Edited by funkygarzon

funkygarzon,

I have always used Dr. Reddy's generic Proscar 5mg and I buy it from my local, legitimate pharmacy right here in the US. I'm confident that it is the real deal.

The full 5mg pill is prescribed for treating the prostate but many of us buy it and cut it into fourths due to the cost savings.

"Generic" simply means that it is not branded as "Proscar" or "Propecia" which are both trademarked by the pharmaceutical company Merck but still contains the same active ingredient finasteride.

Hope that helps,

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

funkygarzon,

I have always used Dr. Reddy's generic Proscar 5mg and I buy it from my local, legitimate pharmacy right here in the US. I'm confident that it is the real deal.

The full 5mg pill is prescribed for treating the prostate but many of us buy it and cut it into fourths due to the cost savings.

"Generic" simply means that it is not branded as "Proscar" or "Propecia" which are both trademarked by the pharmaceutical company Merck but still contains the same active ingredient finasteride.

Hope that helps,

oh thank you dude for your kind reply ,

Actually dude i read the description of "Dr.Reddy - Finax Finasteride " behind the tablet cover ,there they haven't mentioned any thing about the hair treatment ? that 's why i am confused now :confused: !... whether i can buy this "Dr.Reddy - Finax Finasteride " in my place or i can buy the "propecia -Finastrate " online , because i am so much worried whether this Dr reddy Finax will give me right solution in treating my hair loss . please tell your opinion to which product i have to buy now dude ..please help me

And another thing strikes my head is

1 . what is ketoconazole and Avodart (Dutasteride 0.5mg capsules). many of them saying that this ketoconazole and Avodart medicine also similar to Finasteride and has less side effect than Finasteride ? will Ketoconazole or Avodart give good result in treating my hair loss ?

2.what is Caffeine ? how does this treats in reducing hair loss? ..

i am extremely sorry for making too much of question :(...please please help me i am suffering from depression due to this hair loss :(:(

Edited by funkygarzon

It does seem from your posts you have an anxious nature. It's important you learn to relax because stress can make hairloss a lot worse.

Finax is for treating hair loss (feel free to google for extensive info).

Start with Propecia (or generic like Finax) and minoxidil. All of the other treatments, except avodart, haven't proven they have a positive long term effect in controlling hairloss. Avodart is a lot stronger than Propecia so you should forget about it for now because of the increased risks of side effects. Ketoconazole is an antifungus which is mostly used in shampoo form. That can help if you have dandruff.

It does seem from your posts you have an anxious nature. It's important you learn to relax because stress can make hairloss a lot worse.

Finax is for treating hair loss (feel free to google for extensive info).

Start with Propecia (or generic like Finax) and minoxidil. All of the other treatments, except avodart, haven't proven they have a positive long term effect in controlling hairloss. Avodart is a lot stronger than Propecia so you should forget about it for now because of the increased risks of side effects. Ketoconazole is an antifungus which is mostly used in shampoo form. That can help if you have dandruff.

thank you very much for your kind reply and help dude ,

Atlast , my final 2 request is ,

1. I have terrible itching in my head for past one year , is this due to fungus (dandruff )?or due to DHT( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone ) which one of this is giving me much itching ? if fungus please give me the name of the good and best shampoo to control the fungus .

2. This request is kiddish, but it is still striking in my mind, so i wanted to clear it . I stopped masturbation since 2006 i.e., for past 3 years i didn't do masturbation . Now i am afraid this hair fall might be due to this lack of masturbation . So please tell me is there any relation between masturbation and hair fall ? because the year i stopped it ,my head started lossing its density of the hair ...sorry for this childish question . thank you very much waiting for your reply dude

Putting all my trust in my GOD JESUS CHRIST Sure i am going to buy this Finax and minoxidil(rogain) today and i am going to use it from today dude ...thank you very much for spending time and putting your effort for me in giving me the good and the best tips dude ......

thank you very much for spending time for me in giving me the best and good tips Kenaz73 . Thank you very much dude , may god bless you more and more and may god heal your hair problem .

@ TakingThePlunge ,

thank you very much for spending time for me in giving me the best and good tips ..thank you very much dude , may god bless you more and more and may god heal your hair problem

Edited by funkygarzon

please guys ,

please reply for me and give the best name of the shampoo which treats fungus .

And please try to clear my doubt which i have mentioned above ...thank you very much and also sorry for disturbing you much guys ...i am extremely sorry :(

funkygarzon,

1. Nizoral shampoo is an anti-fungal dandruff shampoo containing Ketoconazole. Many believe that this shampoo also aids in treating hair loss.
  2. Masturbation has no effect on hair loss. Many guys believe that frequent masturbation exacerbates hair loss. You're wondering if not enough masturbation causes hair loss. Neither is the case. For more on hair loss myths read, "Hair Loss Myths Exposed and Busted" from our hair loss Q&A Blog.

Best of luck!

funkygarzon,

1. Nizoral shampoo is an anti-fungal dandruff shampoo containing Ketoconazole. Many believe that this shampoo also aids in treating hair loss.

2. Masturbation has no effect on hair loss. Many guys believe that frequent masturbation exacerbates hair loss. You're wondering if not enough masturbation causes hair loss. Neither is the case. For more on hair loss myths read, "Hair Loss Myths Exposed and Busted" from our hair loss Q&A Blog.

Best of luck!

thank you very much for your help and reply dude , and thanks for giving me the best shampoo for fungus . BTW i forgot to ask about Minoxidil ,there are 2 types of minoxidil: minoxidil 10% Azelaic and minoxidil 5% Azelaic ,so please tell me which one i have to use ? and we don't have rogaine in our place dude :(

Now coming to the masturbation , actually in "Hair Loss Myths Exposed and Busted" they have mentioned that "masturbation will not lead to hair loss but they haven't mentioned anything about lack of masturbation effects on hair(hair loss) .My age is 24 and i got this doubt only because of my friends who are all in my same age , having regular habit of masturbation, having good healthy density of hair in their heads now, in particular i have to tell about one person , having regular masturbation, having good healthy of hair and the shocking truth is his father is bald :confused: ...

So i doubt the semen(sperm) of mine has not come out for about 3 years till now , but before 3 years i use to do regular masturbation ,so my testis might be used to produce more sperms than normal number, now i think because of this sudden lack of masturbation leads to produce more DHT which is now affecting my hair . please tell me the reason i mentioned above is true or not dude ...thank you ..

Edited by funkygarzon

There is no proven correlation between masturbating and hair loss. I have never heard of anyone considering that lack of masturbating causes hair loss. If you do an Internet search on the topic, you will only find those who believe that they may have caused their hair loss from too much masturbation.

Whatever the case, I am confident that neither too much nor too little masturbation will effect the growth of your hair.

All the best,

There is no proven correlation between masturbating and hair loss. I have never heard of anyone considering that lack of masturbating causes hair loss. If you do an Internet search on the topic, you will only find those who believe that they may have caused their hair loss from too much masturbation.

Whatever the case, I am confident that neither too much nor too little masturbation will effect the growth of your hair.

All the best,

thank you very much for your patients and help mate ,

so now i am clear that many of them particularly male lossing their hair even though they do masturbation regularly right . thank you mate :)

please suggest me which minoxidil i have to use , 5 % or 10 % ?

Now coming to minoxidil ,

i got some fear about minoxidil because many of them in internet telling that if we stop using minoxidil we will loose those hair which we gained by minoxidil , is this true? and many suggest aminexil ,Nioxin and rogaine

so can you please tell me your suggestion on aminexil ,Nioxin ,rogaine and minoxidil , which one of this really works on hair regrowth? i am asking you because you are having lot of experience and you know which one wil be the best ...thanks in advance again. waiting for your reply mate

funkygarzon,

Rogaine is simply the brand name of a topical solution containing minoxidil. In other words, they are the same thing. The typical men's formula is 5% and that is what I would begin with.

Why would you be concerned with losing hairs that you don't currently have? If minoxidil works for you, you may see some new growth as well as an improvement in hair shaft diameter resulting in better overall density. If you stop using it, your hair will simply go back to the way it would have been had you never used the product. Normal hair will not become dependent on minoxidil so you won't end up balder for having used it.

Neither aminexil nor Nioxim are FDA approves to treat hairloss. I recommend you stick with Rogaine (minoxidil).

funkygarzon,

Rogaine is simply the brand name of a topical solution containing minoxidil. In other words, they are the same thing. The typical men's formula is 5% and that is what I would begin with.

Why would you be concerned with losing hairs that you don't currently have? If minoxidil works for you, you may see some new growth as well as an improvement in hair shaft diameter resulting in better overall density. If you stop using it, your hair will simply go back to the way it would have been had you never used the product. Normal hair will not become dependent on minoxidil so you won't end up balder for having used it.

Neither aminexil nor Nioxim are FDA approves to treat hairloss. I recommend you stick with Rogaine (minoxidil).

thank you very much my friend , MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ABUNDANTLY MATE :)