I Know, Another Bosley Topic

Cad

Cad, I had a HT at Bosley in 2002, 400 grafts. With the exception of the donor scar, I was totally satisfied! Time for another procedure, I have a consult in two weeks with Bosley. Not to say the donor scar wouldnt have turned out the same with any other surgeon. I thought it was rather large for 400 grafts. And i cant cut my hair shorter than 1/2 without it showing.

Sparky...what does age have to do with hair loss and why wouldnt they operate on a 22 y/o experiencing hair loss????

At 22 your too young to make the decision for something that would affect the rest of your life. None of the good doctors would operate on a 22 year unless there were special circumstances. This thread doesnt need to go on, we have all established that Bosley are crap.

Almost everyone on here will concur that 22 is too young to get an HT.

hunter2,

Very few guys will be anywhere near their final stage of balding in their early to mid twenties. The problem arises when a twenty-something NW 2 or 3 wants his juvenile hairline back. Most of these guys will end up chasing that hairline for the their entire adult lives until eventually running out of donor supply.

Many of these younger guys believe that they won't care what they look like at 40 as long as they can look good now. When you're 25, 40 seems old and a lifetime away. The truth is that they will still want to look good when they turn 40, 50, etc.

While it is generally not a good idea to operate on someone so young, There are a few cases I've seen of advanced hair loss in young men. Doctors will consider these on a case by case basis.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I had my first HT at 22 and it was wrong, I was a natural NW1.5 and wanted my young hairline back. Luckily i'm still a natural NW1.5 at 34 with no miniturisation, so hopefully I wont be chasing it for my entire life. My dad was bald or nearly bald by 34.

David / sparky, Thanks for enlightening me on that fact, I guess that does make sense. I was 32 when I had my first HT. Got me through nine years, now its time for another and final procedure to make up for what I've lost to natural receding over the years.

On another note, seriously...Surely Bosley must have some qualified surgeons at some of its many locations all over the country??? I have researched three of the surgeons, MD's and DO's at the Bosley location nearest me and thier qulifications go on and on. One of which is thier medical director and another medical advisor scince 2002. Does it not depend on the paticular surgeon you get with Bosley????

With a hairmill like Bosley you dont always know which doc your gonna get in I think thats a big problem. Sometimes you'll be promised a certain doc and when you get there, you'll be told hes not in but you can have this doc and hes just as good.

Its a good thing your doing research and some of your research brought you here, as its your head and should be operated on by the best, and Bosley are not the best. The reason you get loads of celebs going to places like Bosley is because they dont take the time to do research like us, and just end up going with Bosley because they have heard of them.

If you want a fine scar thats hard to find, i'd suggest this time round going with, Hasson and Wong, or Dr Shapiro, or Dr Feller, or Dr Rahal, or Dr Lindsay, there are more but these are some of my favorites that have produced very good results, enough so that you wouldnt be able to tell the HT hair from your natural hair. These guys are the pro's and you will get the right doctor, not just 1 of many.