Regenepure

Hey, I'm new to this forum, so I apologize if this is in the wrong subforum. I just came across this product called regenepure, here's their website's ingredient list: Ketoconazole, Saw Palmetto, Zinc Oxide, Emu Oil, Salicylic Acid, Niacin and vitamins and minerals

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. My main goal is to at least keep the hair I have. Since my receding hairline hasn't advanced very far, I'm not as concerned with regrowth as I am with keeping what I have.

To those knowledgeable about different ingredients - does it look good to you?

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Jaxion08,

Although the shampoo does include some ingredients which promote healthy hair (certain vitamins) and others that are popular in herbal remedies and supposedly fight baldness (such as Saw Palmetto), the most effective key ingredient (in my opinion) is ketoconazole. Ketoconazole is a mild inhibitor of the hormone that is directly responsible for hair loss (Dihydrotestosterone DHT), and is often utilized in therapeutic shampoos such as Nizoral. Most experts agree that while a shampoo containing ketoconazole can be a nice adjunct therapy to proven medications (such as finasteride - Propecia and minoxidil - Rogaine) it isn't much of a stand alone treatment. Because of this, the shampoo would probably do some good if paired with proven treatments, but I'm not sure how effective it would be on its own.

Hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

thanks, I think I'll try it out and look into getting something else as well (i don't want to try rogaine though since I've heard that if you stop using it your hair falls out even faster.)

also, apparently it's against the rules to link to the actual website of a product *noted*