Am I a good candidate for HT?

I'm 30 years old, have been losing my hair for a couple years. Will be starting Rogaine soon. Pretty sure I don't want to mess with Propecia.

Curious how many grafts would probably be necessary to re-set and reinforce my hairline. Also, if anyone has an estimate of cost, please let me know!

The photos that I sent to Shapiro's clinic are below:

1416.jpg

1418.jpg

1419.jpg

1417.jpg

1422.jpg

1420.jpg

1421.jpg

I have a similar pattern with more native frontal hair and slightly more density up top. My head is a bit more round on top as well. I had 1000 FUE in the hairline (non-coalition) and not entirely happy with the recipient density although part of that is due to losing more native hair. Looking at your pics and my own I think we have to concede that all the thinning areas will most likely be totally bald one day.

I tried using the graft calculator which is great for the top/crown, but I think the formula can vary too much hairline to hairline. For myself and assuming good yield, I'm thinking 2000 grafts in the first inch and a half probably provides pretty good density. Maybe another 1700-2500 to round out the remaining frontal 3rd. But on top of that you have to consider that having an HT with native hair creates other problems as the native hair sheds.

I also felt like you about the drugs at first but changed my mind quickly once I shaved down and saw what was clearly happening. Luckily I researched it more and more, felt more comfortable, took a chance and don't see any side effects after 8 months. That part is up to you.

In terms of a HT I personally think you have to decide if you would be willing to take it all the way and have your entire head done at one point. This will likely mean multiple surgeries and many months of downtime. Also consider you may have to change your hairstyle to hide a strip scar as your hair is fairly short on the sides which makes it appear thin in the harsh light.

Know that you might not be able to change your mind about the whole thing after the first HT. I have to say that even with a lot of native hair, the downtime is very trying on your confidence. I would pay a few visits or email a few more reputable clinics to check your donor supply which would probably help you come to a conclusion.

Be wary of all claims and being told what you want to hear. Do NOT rush like I did.

Even at only 1000 grafts you cannot afford to squander that precious donor supply with bad yield and scarring. Not sure if any of this helps but thought I'd share, its a tough choice but again I'm kind of in the same boat with one HT experience.