propecia vs. proscar

jazzsnazz

due to economic reasons, is it smarter to switch to 5mg Proscar instead of the 1mg Propecia, and just cut the pill into 5th's from there, have any men on this forum had negitive effects due to Finasteride, especially concerning sexual function, and libido.

jazzanazz,

Lots of guys here, including me, purchase generic Proscar and split the pill. I think you will find that splitting the pill into fifths will be quite difficult although I've heard of some creative individuals reporting success in this endeavor.

Most of us split the pill into fourths. The added .25mg is negligible and the cost saving over buying Propecia is significant. A one year supply of my finasteride costs me about $60.

As far as side effects go, much has been written on the topic. I suggest you use the search feature to locate previous discussions. My experience has been fairly positive. I experienced mild testicle pain in the beginning which quickly subsided. I have had no loss of libido and everything continues to work on demand. Others have not been so lucky.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website