HELP! (pics inside)

In my opinion, if that is all you've lost in 6 years time then you are doing pretty good. Hairloss generally starts off pretty heavy then tapers off over time. I've seen people go NW 7 in 2 years time, and I've seen people go NW3 and completely stop on their own. But since medication is available these days it won't hurt at all to start taking it.

What is your family history like when it comes to MPB?

I have MPB on both sides and it's hard to remember who has what.

I'm mainly comparing my hair loss with my father's because it's almost IDENTICAL but who knows. My father still has hair on his forelock and sides. His hair loss is pretty much a receding hairline and crown loss, like me.

MPB sucks d*ck. Why? Because you never really know from which combination you got it from. Will you lose more? Is it going to stop? and so on...

I think my hair loss has dramatically slowed down or even stopped. I haven't experienced any hair fall out in the sink or in the shower. I have a short haircut now but when I let my hair grow out a few weeks ago, I noticed those results just mentioned.

RE001 - Do yourself a favor bro - get on Propecia asap. When that starts to not work as well in your 30s switch it up to Avodart - hopefully you will not get side effects. EpilepticSceptic is right to highlight that a man's mind evolves and changes over time. I guarantee you will regret not saving what you have. I started on Proscar when I was 22. I still have the appearance of a full head of hair with the help of 3000 FUGs. I'm 36 in a couple of months.

HT's are nothing compared to keeping what you have. If you wish to forgo part of the process, skip the the HT - it's a complete pain in the ass & so much stress & anxiety. And it is still a crap shoot.

You look good with clipped hair. Take the pill & rock that look and you will be all good my man.

Thanks for the input but I don't want to play Russian roulette with my health. I am against using pills in any kind of circumstance unless it is a life-threatening situation. I'd rather have a healthy sexual life, no man boobs, etc. rather than hair to be honest with you.

I actually styled my hair today. You say how? I shaved the sides of my head to a complete 0 with a razor but I left my top trimmed to a 0.5 with a trimmer barbers use to do sideburns and such. I actually dig the look a lot and will be rocking it. (Military style, like a fohawk without the back) It suits my head and my hair loss despite having crown loss.

I have come to this site to see what my options are and I'm very happy that I did. A lot of knowledgeable members and threads. It has made my decision making way easier.

I will most likely do a HT later down the line but will never take any pills no matter what anyone says.

Edited by RE001