Propecia not working - Increase Dosage?

spikeycactus

Hello, i have been on finast (5mg finasteride quatred daily) for about 6 months now and ive noticed no increase in hair what so ever. In fact, i feel like i lost more over the period of the last 6 months than ever. Ive was told it would just be a shed and mosst of it would grow back, but im still loosing it, noticing hair falling out in the shower etc.

Should i increase the dosage?

I looked at the difference between dutasteride and finasteride, and dutasteride was still more affective, even with 5mg of finasteride!

I cant switch to dutasteride, because it is waaaay too expensive more me. Any ideas tho?

Thanks

spikey,

Propecia's primary benefit is slowing down and potentially stopping hair loss from progressing. Less common is actual hair regrowth. It's also recommended to take Propecia for at least a full year before evaluating its effectiveness. So in my opinion, continue on with it for at least 6 more months, take monthly photos and compare them at the end. If you've at least maintained the same amount of hair you've had and/or your balding has slowed down, it might be working for you.

Best wishes,

Bill Seemiller

ok thanks, i will continue to use it, but in which dosage?

I am currently taking 2.5mg of finasteride. (dr reddys finast) which ive been taking for a few weeks (before i was taking 1.25mg) but i decided to increase the dosage. Should i stick to 2.5 or go back to 1.25 ? Does the drugs affectiveness increase with the amount taken?

ok thanks, i will continue to use it, but in which dosage?

I am currently taking 2.5mg of finasteride. (dr reddys finast) which ive been taking for a few weeks (before i was taking 1.25mg) but i decided to increase the dosage. Should i stick to 2.5 or go back to 1.25 ? Does the drugs affectiveness increase with the amount taken?

There is made studies where given large doses of finasteride (over 80 mg) in both single dose and multiple doses. There were no reported side effects, and there is nothing in the way of continued use of Finasteride 5 mg divided in the fourth

In relation to this issue is worth mentioning that this does not help further hair loss to use more than 1.25 mg / 1 mg of finasteride per day, and you should therefore continue to divide into four