Zinc and hair shedding

Hey Guys,

I have a quick question about zinc and hairloss. In the last few weeks I have begun taking one Immunace tablet daily (usually one day off per week). It's a multivitamin that contains, amongst a lot of other things, 15mg zinc, which I know can be quite important in healthy hair.

Over the last few weeks I would say I've noticed a small increase in the hairs I've been shedding. It's not been a major increase, but I would say there is a possibility there could be some correlation with having started taking the Immunace tablets (about 3 weeks ago) and the slightly increased shedding.

Now, it could be a coincidence since this is hardly a significant increase and could be a temporary or purely natural thing. But I wondered if anybody had any thoughts on whether this could be:

a) A bad thing, perhaps a sign of too much zinc (although 15mg is apparently around 100% RDA)

b) Possibly a good thing - could it possibly be a sign of weak hairs shedding and very slightly stronger hairs growing?

I know the answer is more likely to be c) it's probably a total random event, but I thought I'd ask anyway! I know zinc is not really a make/break factor in hairloss but I just wanted to see if anybody else had any thoughts, since it's the only thing I've changed in my day-to-day recently and I would say the shedding of thin hairs seems increased to me, though only very slightly.

Thanks!

hi

i would put it down to a random event or natural way of things.

if hair loss could be reversed via zinc supplementation i guess it would be common knowledge by now.

a well balanced diet will do you no end of good not to mention your hair....but im afraid

hair loss is governed by genetic factors which are extremely tricky to tame.......mores the pity.