Need an advice on the strategy for Post HT

Hi

I am new to this forum and postin for the first time as I couldnt find answers for doubts / concerns I have . I am into third week of post op and I wanted to know which would be best shampoo to continue down the line . Though my surgeon have no preference I personally wanted to use the better\best that would be complement for the post op growth process. Will I be better off using sulfate free shampoos if so please suggest one. I have been using garnier in the past and currently on medicated shampoo provided by surgeon and Johonson & Johnson baby shampoo.

Apart from HT I am keen on saving my native hair and I am planning to go on Finasteride 1mg everyday ( hopefully wont b any side effects ) and start using laser comb . Comments/Recommendations are much appreciated.

with regards

Hi allanc,

Congrats on your HT! Bet you can't wait to start seeing some results!

The oft quoted "big 3" for preserving and maintaining healthy, natural hair are Propecia/Finasteride, Minoxidil and Nizoral Shampoo. Nizoral is a type of shampoo that is both anti-fungal and an anti-androgen, so it really helps to make your hair healthy and also diminishes the effects of DHT slightly. Combined with Propecia it can really help hold on to existing hair and make it as full and thick as possible. Minoxidil works by effectively giving your hair follicles a healthy blood supply with the nutrients they need to survive as long as possible. All 3 products combine to create a fantastic regime that can save a lot of your hair.

Propecia and Minoxidil are used daily but I believe Nizoral is best used only 2-3 times a week (especially the stronger, prescription only stuff). Regarding the laser comb the jury is still out on whether it works or how effective it is but be aware that when it says it is "FDA certified", what it means is that the laser comb has been certified as SAFE for hairloss use, not EFFECTIVE for it. It's quite a big distinction since it means scientifically it has only been proven to not harm your hair, but there isn't any concrete evidence it can help it. There are some people who are sure it has helped them so it's entirely up to you whether you use it or not, but for my money the "big 3" of Minoxidil, Propecia and Nizoral is the safer bet.

Hi Manhong

Thank you for responding and coming to my HT its healing well and looks promising. I am looking for a shampoo that I can use on a daily basis where as Nizoral doesnt fit the bill ( may b bcoz of ingredients like keto etc and I also heard excessive use of it results in dry scalp or inflammation ). Once again any sulfate free shampoos please ?

with regards