Question for those with shaved heads

Hello All,

I am at the very beginning stage of researching HT. I currently shave my head every couple days with clippers. If I were to get a hair transplant I imagine I would have to grow out my hair. Is that correct?

Also what worries me most about HT is the scar that would be left behind. I'd like to have the option of shaving it again in case the HT doesn't go well. But I'm afraid of that looking funny with a large scar. Any thought?

Thanks.

Hello All,

I am at the very beginning stage of researching HT. I currently shave my head every couple days with clippers. If I were to get a hair transplant I imagine I would have to grow out my hair. Is that correct?

Also what worries me most about HT is the scar that would be left behind. I'd like to have the option of shaving it again in case the HT doesn't go well. But I'm afraid of that looking funny with a large scar. Any thought?

Thanks.

If you would go with FUT then you would have a scar in the back of your head....It really depends on your hair density on the back. I've see a few guys who had HT done....some could get away with #2 buzz while others needed somewhere around #3. It also depends what the laxity of you skin is.

It also depends on the Doctor who you have your surgery with. There are quite a few people on these forums who had to go back to repair their scars because they were butchered by some Doctors (if you can really call them that lol)

If you go with FUE then you will have scars in the back of your head as very tiny dots. The doctor(s) will extract each follicular unit separately. From what I've seen in real patients who went with FUE the scars are virtually undetectable. But FUE is NOT for everyone. The doctor will make that assessment. Also FUE is a LOT more expensive so if the money is an issue you should think twice icon_smile.gif