Coping

Mahair

Having had a bad transplant I am wondering how some have coped with trying to move on . I guess there are three options I can think of . Hats which I have tried to adapt to, hairpieces which I don't like the idea of or more surgeries which may just be a waste of more money and possibly make me even more self consious. How does anyone make themselves whole again after being butchered?

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

Having had a bad transplant I am wondering how some have coped with trying to move on . I guess there are three options I can think of . Hats which I have tried to adapt to, hairpieces which I don't like the idea of or more surgeries which may just be a waste of more money and possibly make me even more self consious. How does anyone make themselves whole again after being butchered?

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

As my "handle" indicates, I've been in the same boat as you for many years and am also trying to move ahead. I have been a slave to the hat for many years and had my life SEVERELY effected by what I considered to be ver poor, pluggy, obvious work from the 90's. At one point, I even ordered and paid for a piece, but never actually picked it up. However, I'm rapidly returning to "normal" now after 2 sessions of repair work by Dr. McClellan of NHI, who uses modern all-FU techniques. I'm only 2.5 months post my second repair session, so I still have some old plugs showing through (we did not remove or re-distibute the older plugs, istead the FU's were placed in front of the old work...which was high enough to do so). These newer techniques are FAR superior to what a lot of us were mislead into getting just a short time ago. You may want to seriously consider repair work by a reputable, all-FU doctor that is experienced in repair work...esecially if you do not want to be a slave to a piece or a hat anymore. Do your homework though, you derserve to get it right this time and end up with results that you are satified with (which, as hard as it may be to beieve, is very possible these days).

Keep us posted

trying2moveahead