Change in hair texture

jetcitygirl

Has anyone noticed if the transplanted hair grows back with a slightly different texture than what used to be there, or than the texture of the hair when it was in the donor site? If so, does this eventually cure itself? I notice that my new hair seems to be coming in dryer and coarser than any other hair on my head. Is this normal?

Has anyone noticed if the transplanted hair grows back with a slightly different texture than what used to be there, or than the texture of the hair when it was in the donor site? If so, does this eventually cure itself? I notice that my new hair seems to be coming in dryer and coarser than any other hair on my head. Is this normal?

completely normal Jet....its similar to what happens to your hair during chemo therapy they say..hair comes back first wispy and thin..then a bit curly or wavy..then as it strengthens, it takes on the normal characteristics of your existing hair...

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

My hair is finally starting to fill in, but there are some lighter patches towards the front, which is a little disappointing, because that was the area I was most concerned with. Still, I'm willing to give it some more time to see what happens (Honestly, what choice do I really have anyway?! ;-) )

Here are 2 pictures: 1 at day of surgery (pre-surgery, the other at 6 months (on a particularly good-hair day)