Pix Of My Hair...Need feedback

Dude! Right on, man! Excellent choice!!!

I am extremely happy for you, Shady - it would have been a BIG mistake, otherwise! icon_smile.gif

Yes, these meds really do work - just develop a routine and stick by it. I started taking Propecia about 3 years ago when I noticed that I was losing it on my crown. For me, it took about 3 months on Propecia to notice it was growing back, and it has been pretty solid ever since. Propecia and minox 5% make a great combination, and are definitely worth giving a try for at least a year to see what improvements they garner you, if any. Statistically, I think it's about two-thirds of the men who take those drugs will, at the very least, greatly reduce the rate of loss they experience - if not halt it altogether.

Dutesteride IS stronger, but it seems as there's a greater chance of experiencing side-effects with that one (was what my doctor told me, anyway). I would try Propecia first, and then - if that doesn't work after a year - try Dutesteride.

BTW, if you want to save a ton a dough while you're at it, go to your local pharmacy and buy a pill cutter, and then see if you can't either get a prescription for Proscar (which is 5mg Finasteride as opposed to Propecia's 1mg) and then quarter the pills so you take 1.25mg a day, OR, do the same thing but pay even less by buying them from [promotional content removed by forum moderator - Robert] . Up to you - but worth looking into unless you're okay with $60 bucks a month for LIFE!

Break out the bic's! icon_smile.gif

HarryLemon

I am happy to hear of you canceling the HT today. I wish you the best of luck with your meds and feel you are in good hands on this site.

In case you had any doubts, here is a pic I took this morning (that I will add to my other post). I just got a haircut, and my barber got a little carried away.

DCP_0026.JPG.a700907e545cc0dee31ec60dd7ab6e19.JPG

Shady,

You made the right call. I have been using propecia for 6 months now along with minox 5% and I just incorporated 5% spiro cream at night and it has definitely helped. You won't wake up in 3 months with a full head of hair, but if you can get some improvement, who knows what may be available down the road. As someone told you earlier, being bald sucks, but it doesn't suck as bad as walking around with an awkward looking HT.

Try costco.com for cheap, generic minox.

I don't know how others feel about this, but you may want to consult with minoxidil.com to see if he thinks spiro or his regrowth shampoo (simialr to Nizoral) would be good for you. He charges a $20 consult fee in order to order products from him, but he will answer all of your questions via e-mail thereafter. If nothing else, his website will give you a better understaing of how Propecia and Minox work. Best of luck.

Results of my 1424 FU transplant procedure on 8/16/02 can be viewed at...

http://community.webshots.com/user/ttaco

• 4 weeks later...

First, if you get a hair transplant, you will not be able to keep your hair as short as it is now since the donor scar will be very visable. This leaves the option of long low density hair growth. Something that I read is currently being researched and coming into practice is taking and splitting the single folicle roots, with yields up to 4 from a single root. I am not sure if this is true, or if so, if it is practical yet. But if it does turn out to be an option, then you could quadruple the hair from your donor region.

• 2 years later...

Fabe

You can click on someone's user name, then look at their profile, find out when was the last time they posted etc ("view all recent posts" I think)

You can also get some peoples' email addresses that way, if it's part of their profile.

Usually if a guy hasn't posted in a couple of years, he isn't hanging around to answer questions. This thread is over 2 years old.

If this guy is lucky, Propecia worked for him, he skipped the hair transplant, end of story.

Originally posted by baldcasanova:

uuuhhhh... ok. removing the link made this thread unreadable

good job.

baldcasanova,

You have been here long and regularly enough to know that these forums have a blanket rule of no outside links. If an old thread like this is revived and has some links in it, I will take them out.

We have tried to allow some amount of leeway on this rule in the past but it always ends up getting abused with posters putting in links to promotional sites so it is just easier and more fair to do away with all links.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog