rogaine

cxvb,

There is a foam and a liquid.

They both have the same active ingredient of minoxodil and 5% will be more effective than 2%, however, 2% gives you a less likely chance of any scalp irritation or other side effects.

Between the liquid and foam, however, I would think that the effectiveness is about the same. One could argue that the liquid would absorb into the skin better and therefore is more effective, but a lot of the time, liquid is lost as it runs down the rest of your head on application.

I've heard good things about the foam from a few members here who have used it.

Bill

I like the foam a lot better. Where the liquid would make my scalp so itchy that I couldn't use it anymore, the foam is a lot less messy and doesn't irritate my scalp at all.

I heard that they removed an inert ingredient that a lot of people were allergic to in the foam.

Hope that helps.

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

Dr. Rassman states on his blog:

"The generic minoxidil and Rogaine do have the exact same ingredients. I do not see any difference between the two and their effectiveness should be the same provided that the concentration is the same, and they are using the same inert ingredients. The foam form seems to be better, because of distribution and penetration of the skin."

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery