2 Part HT Growth Question

the rate of growth will vary from one to another. I've just passed my 3 months post op mark, and I can say that about 50-70% of the hair have been growing for quite a while, but just not thick enough yet. When I take a magnifying glass and look carefully, I can see plenty of hair that are less than 1/4 inch long and have just popped out of the scalp. I'd say that each hair has a set timing for itself, and they will all act differently on a given person. For example, some will sprout very very thin, will continue to grow at the rate very similar to the native hair, but will continue to thicken up during its growth. While some hair will pop out nearly as thick as the native hair, but grows a bit slower than the rest, so you see, each follicle has a mind of its own, and given that each person hair grow at different rate, it's nearly impossible to give you a progress in percentages. Most doctors will tell you at 4 months, you'll just start to get a glimpse of what kind of density to expect, and won't fully mature til about one year after op.

mrkneed,

Scooping around is correct.

Giving exact percentages would be impossible but I can give you some general answers.

The percentages however are referring to both new growth and hair maturity rather than one or the other.

Between 3-5 months it's difficult to say because this is where most people start to see some visual growth (hair popping through the skin). Most of the time the hair starts growing in as colorless thin hairs barely visible with the naked eye (though they can be felt with the fingertips).

So let's say between 3-5 months one can be at 0% to about 40%.

Between 6-8 months people typically range between 50-70%.

Between 9-12 months people typically range between 70-90%.

Between 12-18 months people typically range from 90-100%.

This should only be used as a guide. This is not a steadfast rule.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Bill