Redness / washing / roagine

I am 2 n a half months post op now and have a little redness still from the procedure. I want to continure using the rogaine to help speed up the growth although the area is still a little red. I don't think the rogaine is causing too much redness if any. I think that rubbing the area when shampooing is doing this. I just want to know if it's neccisary to wash the area where the rogaine is applied before applying roagaine again. Or will it be just as effective without washing.

I was thinking of leaving my head alone for a week or so without hard showering or anything and just letting my body do all the work. I have very sensitive skin aswell so if anyone has any tips on reducing the redness it would be welcome.

Thnaks

hi i had redness up to 5 months, somedays more than others but it never bothered me.. i used johnsons baby shampoo as recommended by my doc and to wash my hair with the palms of my hands for the first few months, i.e not to harsh! u dont need to wash ur hair everday when applying rogaine to get results. keep ur head clean tho.. i use nizoral twice a week and a mild shampoo in between.. my tip on reducing redness is not to scrub when washing but to massage with a mild shampoo.. ive ur getting flaky from the rogaine use nizoral or revita couple of times a week.

2200 DHI Ireland june 2007

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

forgot to mention aloe vera.. i use 99.9 percent aloe vera gel the odd time to deal with redness, has a soothing effect.. best put in on at night time after u apply rogaine (make sure rogaine drys in first, around 15 to 30 mins).. the reason being it can leave a flaky film so have ur shower in the mornin, all good!

2200 DHI Ireland june 2007

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007