Repair/reversing HT

medkram

Hi, I am 32 years old and have had both strip and FUE done and I am left with an unsatisfactory result at present.

My hairline is about 1 inch above original position but I guess this is ok as temples have receded back.

My main concern is that the mid-scalp region is packed with dense grafts especially in forlock area and this doesn't look natural as my crown area is quite bald (heading for a NW6). Also the direction of some of the grafts in these areas are postioned incorrectly and the hairline doesn't quite match the receded hair in the side regions. I am more concerned about a natural look rather than density. I probably would settle for a reasonably good hairline and sparse coverage (evenly distributed) in mid-scalp. Thinking of starting propecia to settle the hairloss in crown.

Is it possible to remove the 'bad' grafts by FUE, and do most surgeons partake in this kind of work ?

I have also been considering possibly removing transplanted hairs by other methods such as laser or dermabrasion. Does anyone have experience of these reversal methods or have a similar case to mine?

Would appreciate your advice/comments as I am finding the whole thing quite stressful.

Hi, I am 32 years old and have had both strip and FUE done and I am left with an unsatisfactory result at present.

My hairline is about 1 inch above original position but I guess this is ok as temples have receded back.

My main concern is that the mid-scalp region is packed with dense grafts especially in forlock area and this doesn't look natural as my crown area is quite bald (heading for a NW6). Also the direction of some of the grafts in these areas are postioned incorrectly and the hairline doesn't quite match the receded hair in the side regions. I am more concerned about a natural look rather than density. I probably would settle for a reasonably good hairline and sparse coverage (evenly distributed) in mid-scalp. Thinking of starting propecia to settle the hairloss in crown.

Is it possible to remove the 'bad' grafts by FUE, and do most surgeons partake in this kind of work ?

I have also been considering possibly removing transplanted hairs by other methods such as laser or dermabrasion. Does anyone have experience of these reversal methods or have a similar case to mine?

Would appreciate your advice/comments as I am finding the whole thing quite stressful.

Medkram,

Yes, it is possible to have incorrectly placed graphs and/or the old larger "plugs" surgically removed, broken up into follicular units, and then redistributed. That is one of the needs I am facing. The process is described in great detail in the section of this site devoted to corrective work.

PCC

Can you recommend anyone in UK or Europe who does good corrective surgery.
Forget Europe mate, none of the so-called surgeons is up to speed; Cross the pond or live to regret you didn't.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day