5 Day post-op pics

tkotko

I'm 5 days post-op from Dr. Charles at Shapiro Medical, and thought I'd share a pic. There was a dramatic improvement in the redness from day 4 to today, which I'm happy. I'm not ready for going out in public just yet without a hat, still have scabs but hopefully they will be gone shortly. I won't be going back to work for another week so I have ample more time to heal. The new hairs are coming in like crazy, like I need to shave. I almost welcome them shedding so that when they come in more finer to start it will be a more gradual change and less noticeable, I hope. I do have quite a bit of numbness in the recipient site, which kind of concerns me but I'm been told that's to be expected at this point, so I won't worry yet. No numbness in the back. No noticeable shock loss yet either, but it's probably to early to tell if it's going to happen. Anyway..here's the pic. So far so good.

5_day_post_op.JPG.3c845b3fd986ab775c261ae9641335cb.JPG

I'm 5 days post-op from Dr. Charles at Shapiro Medical, and thought I'd share a pic. There was a dramatic improvement in the redness from day 4 to today, which I'm happy. I'm not ready for going out in public just yet without a hat, still have scabs but hopefully they will be gone shortly. I won't be going back to work for another week so I have ample more time to heal. The new hairs are coming in like crazy, like I need to shave. I almost welcome them shedding so that when they come in more finer to start it will be a more gradual change and less noticeable, I hope. I do have quite a bit of numbness in the recipient site, which kind of concerns me but I'm been told that's to be expected at this point, so I won't worry yet. No numbness in the back. No noticeable shock loss yet either, but it's probably to early to tell if it's going to happen. Anyway..here's the pic. So far so good.

Shapiro Medical is my top pick so far for doing a future HT with. Can u share ur experience with me? I live in NJ, so I will have to fly to him.

Thanks

Sure Fabe, here's my experience with Shapiro Medical. I've been thinking about hair restoration for about 5 years, luckily I didn't jump into it without extensive research, and go to a Bosley or one of those other commercial establishments. My hairloss has been extensively slow, so I've had time. Finally found this site and there's a few elite clinics you'll hear about, Shapiro Medical being one of them. I'm not one to make a rash decision, especially like this, so believe me I had to be very convinced this was the correct thing for me to do, with the correct clinic, to enhance my quality of life.

Had my consultation in January with Matt at Shapiro and we talked about everything under the sun regarding my situation. Talked to Dr. Shapiro as well. After further consideration, I made the appt for 4/21/03, with Dr. Charles.

Flew in the night before, went into the office that morning. Needless to say I was VERY nervous, but after talking with Matt and Dr. Charles about the strategy and my concerns I was more relaxed. They were very professional and listened to all my questions and spent the time to answer them all.

The procedure itself went from about 9:30am - 3:00pm. Watched 2 1/2 movies, slept a little, had some nice conversation during, so the procedure itself was not traumatic. You'll hear about mild bee stinging sensations as they anesticize you, and that's about right. Not nearly as bad as I thought. Went home that night and slept very comfortably at the hotel. Came back the next day and they shampooed me, took a few pics, checked it over, got some last minute instructions from Dr. Charles. They all said it looked great and very clean. No overnight bleeding either. They even let me come in the next day for shampooing again cause I was a little afraid to do it myself.

So far everything seems to be going well. Had a little swelling on day 3, and has now subsided today (day 5). I've had VERY little discomfort in the back at the suture line. All redness is gone now after day 4, so I have little stubbles and scabs. So today I'm pretty upbeat. Still taking it easy. After day 3 I couldn't help but think "what the heck did I do", but with some support here on this forum, and now that things are looking good I'm feeling very positive. I am still numb at the recipient site, but have been told that will go away.

I have posted some pics taken at Shapiro, so you should peek at those. At this point, I must say Dr. Charles and Shapiro Medical are class acts and seemed genuinely looking out for my best interests in hair restoration. Of course the final results are still to be evaluated, but I have a good feeling I'll be singing their praises once again.

Good luck to ya Fabe, and if you want to know anything else about my experience with them let me know.

tkotko

tkotko,

as far as time is concerned, how far after the procedure did you feel that the grafts were in place and not going anywhere? (i.e. dislodging?)

anyone else can answer as well icon_smile.gif

To be honest I really don't know. They indicated after 5 days they are thoroughly adhered, which is today for me. I've barely been moving a muscle literally during these days just in case, and probably for another just to be on the safe side. But by looking at them now I'd say they are pretty solid after 5.