haircuts + concealers

So i usually cut my own hair. But I can't do that great of a job, and I kind of want to go to a professional. Do you guys usually go with or without toppik in (for those that use toppik)? Just curious.

That's what I woudl be afraid of. But actually, i've had some experience pushing the limits of how wet i can get my hair while I have toppik in. For example, when I cut my own hair, i wet my hands and put them through my hair without holding back, and i get very little toppik on my hands, it looks like my hair is wet. I've also sprayed/sprinkled water on and it stays on fine. The only problem comes when you start touching the scalp...I can't remember, do haircutters touch your scalp a lot? I should probably just tell the guy I have a concealer in and he can deal with it i guess...

Dude, bite the bullet and go to a good barber au natural. They work on a variety of people all day long. I guarantee he won't think twice about your lack of hair. Look for an old fashioned male barber shop. They're the best.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Gorpy is right. You're not going to fool the stylist. And you want to cut your hair - not the Toppik.

If you develop an ongoing (business) relationmship with a barber or stylist, you'll likely want to tell him/her "I wear it this length, comb it this way, and add this product", etc. The stylist will probably apply the Toppik for you and offer more styling tips.

I have to agree with everyone else. I would definitely never go to get my hair cut with Toppik or any other concealer in. Stylists/barbers see thinning guys day in and day out. Like Bob C said, they would probably be more likely to offer some styling tips if you're up front with them.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog