Criteria for Pat's clinic visits

beachair

I'm wondering what guides Pat to visit some clinics and not others. This not really a criticism, rather a question.

I know that a lot is written about Bosley, MHR, and so on, but I'm wondering if the negative comments can or cannot be validated by an in-depth, in-person review.

In any case, I am very appreciative of this forum, since it has successfully guided me to, in my opinion, an excellent hair transplant surgeon.

Thanks!

b

I'm wondering what guides Pat to visit some clinics and not others. This not really a criticism, rather a question.

I know that a lot is written about Bosley, MHR, and so on, but I'm wondering if the negative comments can or cannot be validated by an in-depth, in-person review.

In any case, I am very appreciative of this forum, since it has successfully guided me to, in my opinion, an excellent hair transplant surgeon.

Thanks!

b

beachair,

I would also PM Pat on this, though he is out of town for about a week as he is at the annual ISHRS conference in Las Vegas.

He is best to field this question however...

One thing that you should know is that we spend our energy and time focusing on the hair restoration clinics that do state of the art hair transplantation. That being said, our coalition and recommended list are comprised of those who meet those membership standards and who want to enter into membership. You can see more about how physicians are admitted into these memberships here. I encourage anyone interested to read the entire page to get a full understanding of how we recommend physicians.

That being said there have been a number of clinics that have been visited by Pat that he felt did not meet our criteria for membership. But again, instead of focusing on the "bad" and the "ugly", we focus on the "good".

Those who Pat publicly reviews in the Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics section of our community at the very least have promise for meeting our membership criteria. Of course, patient feedback plays a primary role of whether a physician is admitted into or remains in membership.

More specifically, the internet is an amazing resource and wealth of information. Patient reviews posted on our discussion forum as well as others most likely influence Pat's decision to visit a clinic.

Other considerations include discussion with leading hair restoration physicians as well as attending conferences such as the annual ISHRS conference. This gives Pat a wealth of information that may lead him to choose to visit or stay away from a hair restoration clinic.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Bill