Been researching and have a few questions

alright im 19 years old and started to notice thinning hair a few years ago, recently i went with the buzz cut so its not so noticeable, but honestly i dont want to shave my head for the rest of my life. so i was wondering how much a hair restoration procedure can range from and if anyone knows any good place to go in the San Diego area. much thanks

alright im 19 years old and started to notice thinning hair a few years ago, recently i went with the buzz cut so its not so noticeable, but honestly i dont want to shave my head for the rest of my life. so i was wondering how much a hair restoration procedure can range from and if anyone knows any good place to go in the San Diego area. much thanks

I think age 19 is a bit too young for a HT. Your best bet is to start on Propecia (finesteride) to maintain your current hair growth.

Costs for a HT can vary greatly and will depend upon the number of grafts, but ballpark a cool $10k on average.

I'm guessing here, but I'd say you have extremely minimal hairloss and that combined with your age no good doctor would work on you at this point. That said, I'd post some clear pics here or do a consult with a clinic or two if you are really worried. They are generally free and the advice excellent.

Also, as already mentioned, look into propecia/finasteride and rogaine/minox 5% foam.....ideally, you'd get on these ASAP, hope to stabalize your loss if not regrow your hair, and in a year's time re-evaluate your situation.

2cents

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!