23 years old thining/balding - My Story and Conclusion

BaldingLuka

Good day gentlemen,

I have noticed a problem when I turned 20. Its been slowly receding and thining at the temples. The crown I think has min thining. Im assuming I am suffering from male pattern balding but this I need to confirm.

I purchased 6 months of Provillus pills only. I dont think this stuff works, I was not given the option to get the hair cream with it. I still believe its all hype and heavy marketing to push the product IE Balding Tony etc..Im in Marketing myself! I do believe the pills have nutrients to help feed your hair but its way overpriced at that! You can get the main ingredients for much much cheaper.

I am Polish and being eastern europen we do receed at the temples most of us. But I am between a stage 1 & 2 on the chart and want to control the problem before it all of a sudden goes into light speed! My family history does show signs of Balding. I will post pics of the diffrence between 20-23 when i get home on friday, im away on business.

This is what I currently use, please feel free to adjust my schedual. I dont have dandruff at all, I have fine dark brown hair- if that info helps : S

1. Nizoral shampoo 2% twice a week recently. Every Sat& Wed, been using for 6 months. I feel this helps a lil bit. Scalp feels fresher. Should I use more or less?

2. Regular Life danruff shampoo with pyrithione zinc as advised by a pharmastist. I was advised to stay away from conditioners, i do keep my hiar clean cut and shorter. Should I use diffrent shampoo or conditioner?

3. I take a daily multivitemen, fish oil and greens plus as well eat good and keep a active lifestyle. I recently bought zinc 50mg, I would like to purchase Saw palmetto. Trying to use these to replace the provillus. Should I use anything diffrent?

4. I am going to go see a docter at a after hour clinic (My doc past away) and ask to get put on propecia. I have all sorts of mixed reviews on possible short and long term side effects. Kinda discouraging. My question is will it effect my training and ability to build muscle? Any thing else I should know about this?

Maybe one day get a HT to fix the front, maybe the clowns will be availaible by then! Am I to young for a HT?

Thank you guys and please feel free to advise me with your expirence.

-Lukasz

Good day gentlemen,

I have noticed a problem when I turned 20. Its been slowly receding and thining at the temples. The crown I think has min thining. Im assuming I am suffering from male pattern balding but this I need to confirm.

I purchased 6 months of Provillus pills only. I dont think this stuff works, I was not given the option to get the hair cream with it. I still believe its all hype and heavy marketing to push the product IE Balding Tony etc..Im in Marketing myself! I do believe the pills have nutrients to help feed your hair but its way overpriced at that! You can get the main ingredients for much much cheaper.

I am Polish and being eastern europen we do receed at the temples most of us. But I am between a stage 1 & 2 on the chart and want to control the problem before it all of a sudden goes into light speed! My family history does show signs of Balding. I will post pics of the diffrence between 20-23 when i get home on friday, im away on business.

This is what I currently use, please feel free to adjust my schedual. I dont have dandruff at all, I have fine dark brown hair- if that info helps : S

1. Nizoral shampoo 2% twice a week recently. Every Sat& Wed, been using for 6 months. I feel this helps a lil bit. Scalp feels fresher. Should I use more or less?

2. Regular Life danruff shampoo with pyrithione zinc as advised by a pharmastist. I was advised to stay away from conditioners, i do keep my hiar clean cut and shorter. Should I use diffrent shampoo or conditioner?

3. I take a daily multivitemen, fish oil and greens plus as well eat good and keep a active lifestyle. I recently bought zinc 50mg, I would like to purchase Saw palmetto. Trying to use these to replace the provillus. Should I use anything diffrent?

4. I am going to go see a docter at a after hour clinic (My doc past away) and ask to get put on propecia. I have all sorts of mixed reviews on possible short and long term side effects. Kinda discouraging. My question is will it effect my training and ability to build muscle? Any thing else I should know about this?

Maybe one day get a HT to fix the front, maybe the clowns will be availaible by then! Am I to young for a HT?

Thank you guys and please feel free to advise me with your expirence.

-Lukasz

BaldingLuka,

It's great to see you here doing your research and considering the best hair loss treatment regime.

In my opinion, Propecia and Rogaine are the two strongest and most effective hair loss treatments, especially when used together. Potential side effects do exist but are typically reported as rare. Propecia's website states that side effects typically go away with continued use, or after a short time when you stop taking it.

Nizoral 2% a few times a week may help as an effective adjunct treatment since it contains topical ketoconazole. There is some debate as to whether or not a shampoo is really effective even with keen ingredients simply because the ingredient may not have ample time to absorb into your scalp to get full benefit. Some physicians like Dr. Cooley recommends Extina, a ketoconazole topical foam in place of Propecia if one can't take it due to side effects, etc. Propecia in my opinion, is still the better choice if you can do it.

23 is pretty young for hair transplant surgery, but each case must be taken separately. As long as you work with an elite hair restoration physician and discuss a long term hair restoration plan, you will be in good shape.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanx for the advise, my other question is when on both Rogaine and Propecia will i be able to stop the Rogaine eventually and keep taking Propecia for the rest of my life?

From what i understand where im thining & loosing hair mostly is at the front receding hairline, now both these products combined still have the smallest chance of effecting that area? I will retain what I have fortunitly at worse! correct? Thanx again!