Propecia and Frontal Hairline

mrkneed

I have a question regarding whether or not Propecia works on the frontal hair line to either re-grow hair or to keep the hair you have (frontal hairline). Research shows that Propecia works on the crown and midscalp but what I don't understand is why (assuming it doesnt) it wouldnt work on the frontal part - correct me if I am wrong but all hair follicles on your head are the same!!??

I have a question regarding whether or not Propecia works on the frontal hair line to either re-grow hair or to keep the hair you have (frontal hairline). Research shows that Propecia works on the crown and midscalp but what I don't understand is why (assuming it doesnt) it wouldnt work on the frontal part - correct me if I am wrong but all hair follicles on your head are the same!!??

Mrkneed,

As far as I understand, Propecia has only been formally tested for the crown, but in theory - if it's going to work in the crown, it should work in the hairline as well since the hairline hairs are also miniaturizing due to DHT - which is inhibited by Propecia.

There are also many prescribers of Propecia that have reported success in the hairline.

Best wishes,

Bill