Hair dyes

Hi guys

This might be off the topic but i am noticing some greying of hair on both sides of the head. I would really appreciate if you guys could suggest some hair dye that would not cause damage to my existing year....i am a diffused thinner and will go for surgery most likely after 6 months.....this is also the time when i will complete 1 year on Finasteride.......

Hi guys

This might be off the topic but i am noticing some greying of hair on both sides of the head. I would really appreciate if you guys could suggest some hair dye that would not cause damage to my existing year....i am a diffused thinner and will go for surgery most likely after 6 months.....this is also the time when i will complete 1 year on Finasteride.......

I've had HT and I have medium brown hair. A few years ago, when highlights were popular, I had some fun and even bleached some highlights in my hair. I saw no problems with my hair or the HT.

In other words, any type of dye should work well for your grey. If you are worried, talk to your hair stylist or barber and maybe even have them do it.

I had two hair transplant procedures done about 14 years ago. I started greying about 5 or so years after that when I was in my late 30's. I have been dying my hair ever since. I can't imagine there being a problem once your scalp has completely healed from a HT. I typically use a 10 volume developer (semi-permanent) and light ash brown no-lift pigment. The 10 volume is a lower concentration hydrogen peroxide concentration, so it is less likely to make hair dry/damaged. After trying many different hair dye pigments, I am most satisfied with Second Nature (no-lift) by Clairol Professional; this is a common line for use on men in salons. It is not available at drugstores, but you can get it at professional beauty supply stores like Sally Beauty Supply and others. They have an online site; it can probably be mail ordered. You can use the pigment with either 10 volume (semi-permanent) or 20 volume (permanent) developer. I am currenly using Ion Sensitive Scalp 10 Volume Creme Developer.