My hairs are minoxidil junkies

OK everyone, here's a little addition to my hair loss situation. I jumped on Avodart 2 months and 2 days ago. I have had absolutely no negative side thus far. The only thing I can say has happened is my body hairs are basically reversing their life cycle, meaning they are starting to disappear and my strength in the gym is growing tremendously faster. The shedding I experienced was scary at first to say the least, but never really stopped even though it tapered off quickly. I talked to my doctor and told him what was happening. I totally forgot to tell him that I was going to quit using Minoxidil when I started the Avodart. What a mistake! I was loosing hair like crazy once I quit that stuff. I started it again two nights ago and guess what, not one hair was shed like before. My hairs are Minoxidil junkies. I thought the Avodart would keep the hairs that I had gained from Minoxidil, guess I was wrong. Things are looking up again. Hopefully this combination will really kick some of the Avodart re-growth in gear. I'm not expecting much regrowth, I just want to make sure I maintain what I have. Hope this is a little help to anyone in the same situation with Propecia or Avodart and dropped Minoxidil use.

OK everyone, here's a little addition to my hair loss situation. I jumped on Avodart 2 months and 2 days ago. I have had absolutely no negative side thus far. The only thing I can say has happened is my body hairs are basically reversing their life cycle, meaning they are starting to disappear and my strength in the gym is growing tremendously faster. The shedding I experienced was scary at first to say the least, but never really stopped even though it tapered off quickly. I talked to my doctor and told him what was happening. I totally forgot to tell him that I was going to quit using Minoxidil when I started the Avodart. What a mistake! I was loosing hair like crazy once I quit that stuff. I started it again two nights ago and guess what, not one hair was shed like before. My hairs are Minoxidil junkies. I thought the Avodart would keep the hairs that I had gained from Minoxidil, guess I was wrong. Things are looking up again. Hopefully this combination will really kick some of the Avodart re-growth in gear. I'm not expecting much regrowth, I just want to make sure I maintain what I have. Hope this is a little help to anyone in the same situation with Propecia or Avodart and dropped Minoxidil use.

I will keep this brief, but I started on Avodart a little over two months ago as well, and I noticed a HUGE difference versus Propecia as far as shedding goes. However, for side effects, I will say this....for me.....it did impact my libido, and I am only 29 years old! Needless to say, I have stopped taking it for now....and I don't know if I will start it again. That is just strange to me, because I had never had a problem in that area before, and well....this situation has left the girlfriend a bit unhappy. She told me to stop worrying about the damn hair loss, and worry about the sex (which I guess is a good thing) What a predicament...we worry about our looks to get the ladies....and now when we get the ladies....your soldier won't respond. What a frustrating situation! I am not really upset, just disturbed and frustrated....

JS....

I experienced the same thing with minoxidil. I stayed on it for awhile, and after being fed up with the itching and flakes, I finally quit. The itching, the flaking, and all my addicted follicles left soon thereafter. I've stuck to just propecia now.