Help needed to choose the correct physician in LA area

Hello All,

I would like to seek help to find the best economical physician in the LA area.I would also like to know if hair transplantation is a one time process or requires frequent followup.

thanks all

Hello All,

I would like to seek help to find the best economical physician in the LA area.I would also like to know if hair transplantation is a one time process or requires frequent followup.

thanks all

There are many variables with a HT. It depends on how much hair loss you have, if your hairloss is stopped by using drugs, your expectations of density, etc. Generally speaking I would say that it is not a one time pass, but it is not "frequent" follow-ups either.

Don't limit yourself geographically or financially. Your scalp is visible to the world and a bad hair transplant is something you'll regret. Give us some more info on your situation and we'll try to help more.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Originally posted by Gorpy:

Don't limit yourself geographically or financially. Your scalp is visible to the world and a bad hair transplant is something you'll regret. Give us some more info on your situation and we'll try to help more.

I agree with Gorpy.......don't let limit yourself geographically with something this important. Choose some of the best and consult with them. The nice thing about it is that you can send pics via the internet and do the consult by phone.

If you can post some detailed pics it would help. Can you describe your loss as it applies to the Norwood scale and your age? For some of the lucky few it can be a one-time process due to more grafts now being harvested in a session.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I agree. I traveled from Houston to Vancouver to get mine done. You've got to go to the best. period. Most clinics will comp you for travel expenses.

Thanks all for your time and help.A Alittle about myself.

I am 25yrs now and I would say on the Norwood scale, I am between stage 2 and 3.I haven't become completely bald on any single place, but my hair looks very thin, that even a dim piece of light is enough to penetrate the hair and expose the scalp.but, my hair is very strong on the back of my head and sides and i hardly have any hair loss now.I was looking to begin with Dr.Meshkin,who uses holistic approach whom I found out through this website .if anybody would tell me how i could post or sedn pictures to you for your opinion, it would be greatly helpful

nsudhir80,

To post your pics you can create a photo album by clicking on the "new" folder at the top of this page and then selecting "photo album". The rest is pretty self explanatory.

It sounds like you have diffused thinning on top. One thing you may try before a hair transplant is some sort of concealer. If you have a decent amount of hair (and it sounds like you do) it can work pretty good. Try DermMatch for starters. One disc will only cost you around $27 or so and last you for a year. Use the find feature here to search previous threads on it.....you'll find some great info.

Also, if you haven't considered it, you may want to start Propecia/Proscar(finasteride). It's one of the few things "proven" to stop hair loss and at your age might save you from needing a transplant.........or at least so soon. Again, search prior threads for information.

I've not read the threads about Dr. Meshkin and the holistic approach but I'll search the site and read about it...........maybe others would care to comment?

Look forward to seeing your pics.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi All

Thank you for your continued guidance and support.I have posted some pictures under nsudhir80.I would really appreciate if anyone would apprise me abt what's the best procedure to go abt this.thanks a lot

From you pics, if I were at that stage of loss (unfortunately it passed by me years ago) I would try Propecia and I think you would be pleased with the results using a concealer for awhile. If the Propecia helps you may be able to forego a hairtransplant for quite some time - and I'd venture to guess with the amount of hair you have that DermMatch would work wonders. If not, you can always have a hair transplant but I would try the alternatives first.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog