Elvis Costello

Has anyone seen him lately? Here's what I'm thinking: I'm 27 years old so most docs won't do crown work on me just yet for fear of using up my donor hair and/or shockloss to the recipient areas, but what if I were to work on the crown area first and move up to the front so that if I did use up all my donor hair I could at least go for that look. You know the full crown with the peninsula? I figure I could just comb that forward if I need to. Most guys tend to worry about the hairline more and leave the crown alone. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Has anyone seen him lately? Here's what I'm thinking: I'm 27 years old so most docs won't do crown work on me just yet for fear of using up my donor hair and/or shockloss to the recipient areas, but what if I were to work on the crown area first and move up to the front so that if I did use up all my donor hair I could at least go for that look. You know the full crown with the peninsula? I figure I could just comb that forward if I need to. Most guys tend to worry about the hairline more and leave the crown alone. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I think I do understand the look. Realize that the crown can use up a LOT of grafts. You could use up your entire donor supply just on your crown.

Most doctors prefer to address the front area, before spending lots of grafts on the crown. The worst thing in the world is to be caught short, with more work left to do, and no donor hair to accomplish your needs.

If you are thinking about grafting in the crown, go into it with the idea that the crown will be lightly covered... "dusted" with grafts, and not trying to match the original density.

I don't think your idea is all that far out, but it needs to be approached with sensible, careful planning.

Also, if shock loss is a risk for you, please be extra careful in your decisions. You don't want to trade in your existing hairs for expensive grafts, and not end up a net gain of hair.