setback today

Kkat

Well, I went in for a HT today, but after getting ready, it was noticed that my head on the back had too much acne on it (from stress i imagine) and thus I will have to wait 3 weeks before getting it done.

My head is shaved now, and this is gonna be tricky hiding everything. Guess I can't now.

Anway, just thought Id talk about it, cuz im very distraught here.

Im on antibiotics now (cipro) to clear the infections, of all dam places on the back of my head. Couldn't belive how many.

anyone have any words of wisom, im really down right now.

kkat

Well, I went in for a HT today, but after getting ready, it was noticed that my head on the back had too much acne on it (from stress i imagine) and thus I will have to wait 3 weeks before getting it done.

My head is shaved now, and this is gonna be tricky hiding everything. Guess I can't now.

Anway, just thought Id talk about it, cuz im very distraught here.

Im on antibiotics now (cipro) to clear the infections, of all dam places on the back of my head. Couldn't belive how many.

anyone have any words of wisom, im really down right now.

kkat

Sometimes things happen for a reason. I'd say I respect your doc for waiting. But, take a look from a brand new perspective, do more homework and be sure you are going to the right guy, and you have everything planned out well.

good luck

My Pix and Hair Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling and healing advice

I agree, use this time to better prepare yourself if possible. Maybe you good with a shaved head anyway. A good decision today will be a good one tommorrow. Be strong, hang in there.

Well, those are good points. I was just so mentally ready for it and it was such a let down to go there and not have it done. I actually even felt terrible because teh clinic lost the day (they only do 1 a day). The doc said dont worry about it, which made me feel good. He actually told me not to do it and I like that, shows he's ethical. Although, I already new that from my consultations with him.

But, I must admit, it now throws a bit of a wrench in my plans. My head is completely shaved, and in 3 weeks, I will go for the front (2500 grafts). There will be no way to cover the staples which sux (im not sure if a hat will cover that in the back).

I am going for the crown hopefully 1 month later, which means a hat for a while (cuz i hate how it will look) and also cuz im not crazy about the shaved look.

I guess im all upset over stupid reasons. I mean, New Years and Xmas, etc, Ill be in the healing stages. My hair was long enough to sort of mask most of my baldness (curly thick hair on sides and back, thinning on front and crown).

Anways, im rambling cuz I just need people to talk about this too.

thanks

yes, i think your right. i guess im just so impatient to get it all over with.

also, i just feel so umcomfortable with going in there to get it done, that i just want it over with once and for all.

kkat