Is this what you guys call shedding? (Rogaine)

incubus99

I began using Rogaine daily for about 2-3 weeks now, and after I wash my hair and its still wet I rub my hand through it and a "bunch" of hair strands come out whereas before I was having no loss and the hair seemed to be stable.

Is this what you guys call shedding or responding to treatment, if so how long will it last?

Or, do you think I should just discontinue using it since I just started Proscar as well?

(BTW, I uderstand they both work differently)

Hi Inc

Yes, this is most likely shedding.. This is a good thing ( believe it or not) as the hair is cyling through the phases.. Soon the hair will grow back stronger. Both Rogaine and Finasteride will cause shedding so I woul dnot stop taking either as you are "weathering the storm"..

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

i have been shedding non stop for 8 months now on proscar. My hair looks thinner than ever. The good thing is the real real real thin hairs that are falling out are thicker on the new growth part but the real thick hairs that fall out which are the majority are thinner on the new growth end. Someone gimme advice that has had good results with proscar.