Propecia, Waxing Effect

Browny217

I have a bit of hair on my sholders and chest and not sure if it is just an illusion or what but it appears to be thinning out, could this be because the propecia is suppresing the hormones? has anyone else experienced the propecia waxing effect?

We Can only Play the cards we are dealt

http://www.hairlossweblogs.com/home-page.asp?WebID=95

I have a bit of hair on my sholders and chest and not sure if it is just an illusion or what but it appears to be thinning out, could this be because the propecia is suppresing the hormones? has anyone else experienced the propecia waxing effect?

We Can only Play the cards we are dealt

http://www.hairlossweblogs.com/home-page.asp?WebID=95

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

For awhile I have had a decent amount of hair falling off my head . I started Proscar and minox just under 3 months ago and I have just recently noticed alot more hair falling out. Not only does this hair come from my head however noticed that my chest and even nose hair is falling out too. The funny thing is I have small hairs coming through on my hair line at the same time. I have no idea whats going on at the moment but I think im shedding with new hairs coming through. It is very confusing i know but hang in there!

Tim.

The same factor that causes scalp hair loss also increses body hair - go figure. So it is quite common for Propecia users to experience decreased body hair while on the medication. Consider it an added bonus (that is, if you don't want it).

Trips, you are probably experiencing a temporary shed. Conduct a search for the term "shedding" under the "find" button to learn moe about this phenomenon.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog