What do i need? going bold!! picture

Hi everyone!

This is a great forum and is helping me heaps.

Iam a 24 years old and have been freaking out about my hairloss problem for the past 3 years.

It is effecting my social life and also my sex life as well (iam single), what i mean is selfconfidence has droped to a shocking 20% from a 100% with the hairloss problem.

I dont know what i really need? HT seems like the best thing to do but other people are posting messages here saying that "HT at a young age could result in a disaster!!" is this true ??? and what are the reasons for that??

Well here is a few pics of me, i know the photos are not that good at all , but there the latest pics of me taken this week.

please all u experts out there that have more experiance in hairloss help me out WHAT DO I NEED???

options and help is much apreciated

best regards steve,

IM000106.JPG.80d0560dafe68f064d08bf6c856fade4.JPG

Hi everyone!

This is a great forum and is helping me heaps.

Iam a 24 years old and have been freaking out about my hairloss problem for the past 3 years.

It is effecting my social life and also my sex life as well (iam single), what i mean is selfconfidence has droped to a shocking 20% from a 100% with the hairloss problem.

I dont know what i really need? HT seems like the best thing to do but other people are posting messages here saying that "HT at a young age could result in a disaster!!" is this true ??? and what are the reasons for that??

Well here is a few pics of me, i know the photos are not that good at all , but there the latest pics of me taken this week.

please all u experts out there that have more experiance in hairloss help me out WHAT DO I NEED???

options and help is much apreciated

best regards steve,

The hairloss at this point has not affected your appearance. In other words it is all in your head... My advice to you is to get on propecia for a year and see what happens...If you are a young wealthy guy then get yourself a porshe.

It's hard to tell anything from your picture since different angles usually tell different stories. Looking at me from the front, you wouldn't think my hair loss is as bad as it actually is. Looking at the top of my scalp, you can tell how much i've really lost and what hair loss pattern I'm headed towards.

You're still young, and you seem to have a lot of hair left. I think the general consensus here would be to consult your doctor, and recommend getting started on propecia and minoxidil. Read up on other hair loss items such as avodart, nizoral, etc.

The one picture up so far does not reveal a problem of hair loss at all (I would love to have your hair!). Granted, the picture is taken far away and indoors in relatively dark conditions. You do have a very low hairline so any thinning you have must either be in the crown area or it is diffuse and widespread(?). There's no indication of a receeding hairline at all. Can you provide any better pics? Has anyone actually ever commented on your hair thinning?

trying2moveahead

BTW, I think the photo would be a great "provide a caption" photo with the shot glass, deer-in-the-headlights look and the office setting! icon_razz.gificon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

It's difficult to see how much thinning you've had in the picture you posted. But, from what I can make out, I would agree with the previous poster. Give propecia a year and re-evaluate. You might head off or delay surgery for a long time. Since transplants are something you are considering I strongly advise you to follow this board very regularly for months to really get a handle on as many aspects of transplant surgery as possible. Over the course of several months you will come to better understand the things you need to know before surgery if you hope to minimize the risk of a disappointing or disasterous outcome.

Paul

When someone young comes into our clinic we look at different solutions. I agree that you should explore the medications available. Propecia happens to be the best we have at this time. It will never regrow frontal hairline but can help stop the progression of loss. You do not say what your main concern is so if it is the crown that should help but since you show the frontal view I think you percieve a thinning on the top or hairline. If this is the issue don't dismiss a transplant. If done correctly with new techniques and follicular units even with further loss it is not a disaster like it once was. Look into a good doctor and go for a complimentary consultation.

Good Luck

Ailene

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Dr. Jerry Cooley's personal assistant and clinical supervisor for Carolina Dermatology Haircenter. My postings are my own opinion and may not reflect Dr. Cooley's opinion on any subject discussed.

Dr. Jerry Cooley is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

what you really need is to quit smoking.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke