Considering a HT with Armani...

rawdog

Posted May 24, 2007 08:13 PM

First just want to say great site. I have MPB which I slowed to a halt using propecia over the last 7 yrs, i'm 34 now. I have a thick head of hair, except for the front which has receded to leave a tall forehead.I also have a large scar on the top of my head which I would like to fill in( only noticable when wet or combed back. I like the pictures on Armani's website and I know what people think of his ethical practices. Although, I sent pictures and he recommended 2500 for hairline and 300 for scar. Does this seem reasonable considering my age and the amount of grafts? Would this leave enough donar hair for possible grafts in the future?

I also saw Jae Pak at NHI, 30 miles away, said he could put 3-400 in scar using FUE, and recomended to leave front alone for now. (Although he would fill it in if I wanted, and also use strip method, but I would be trading a scar for a scar) One last thing, If I were to do a fue treatment on the scar only now, would this affect a strip procedure later on? IS it better to do strip before FUE? thanks in advance---rob (I attached album in Hair Q&A section)

Posted May 24, 2007 08:13 PM

First just want to say great site. I have MPB which I slowed to a halt using propecia over the last 7 yrs, i'm 34 now. I have a thick head of hair, except for the front which has receded to leave a tall forehead.I also have a large scar on the top of my head which I would like to fill in( only noticable when wet or combed back. I like the pictures on Armani's website and I know what people think of his ethical practices. Although, I sent pictures and he recommended 2500 for hairline and 300 for scar. Does this seem reasonable considering my age and the amount of grafts? Would this leave enough donar hair for possible grafts in the future?

I also saw Jae Pak at NHI, 30 miles away, said he could put 3-400 in scar using FUE, and recomended to leave front alone for now. (Although he would fill it in if I wanted, and also use strip method, but I would be trading a scar for a scar) One last thing, If I were to do a fue treatment on the scar only now, would this affect a strip procedure later on? IS it better to do strip before FUE? thanks in advance---rob (I attached album in Hair Q&A section)

Since I can't see photos it is hard to say if the graft rec sound appropriate. I would not worry about doing FUE first then strip or vice versa (I say that as Dr. Rose does both types of harvests). If you need a few hundred grafts to treat a scar, FUE is very reasonable. If you want to do a hairline rebuild and fill in, then a strip harvest becomes a possibility.

BTW, you mentioned a concern about your age. At 34 your age is not a major issue. I would just like to see where or in what size area the doctor plans to place the 2500 units. It is not a lot of grafts necessarily, but that is not to say they cannot be misused.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.