Some general questions about hair transplant

Anonymous

Mainly for those who have already gotten an HT done. Is there any pain? I'm very sensitive to pain..moreso to the rest because I'm always anticipating it.

When do you feel pain during a hair transplant? Is there any when plugging/disecting hair follicles? Are you awake when you get an HT done?

Thanks in advance.. much appreciated.

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

Mainly for those who have already gotten an HT done. Is there any pain? I'm very sensitive to pain..moreso to the rest because I'm always anticipating it.

When do you feel pain during a hair transplant? Is there any when plugging/disecting hair follicles? Are you awake when you get an HT done?

Thanks in advance.. much appreciated.

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

its just that I've gotten surgery done, where they only gave me injections to numb the nerves, I was still awake during the whole procedure but even after the shots, I felt so much pain, during disecting...

So my question is there really is no pain AT ALL when he's planting in the hair follicles?

I agree with Rooster. The shots are really the only uncomfortable part. My pain tolerance is also low. There is no pain whatsoever when the grafts are being planted. To be honest, I thought having to sit in a chair for that long was more uncomfortable than the actual surgery.

• 3 weeks later...

There is very little pain, and most of it is dull - I'd compare HT pain to dentist pain if not better. The only exception are the numbing shots, but it's nothing. You are awake during the procedure, which I was a little concerned about as I am extremely squeamish, and always opt for full narcosis. Quite frankly I was afraid that I would feel the strip being cut out. In the end I missed the whole part (I must have dozed off). I was also afraid that having staples removed will be painful, but it was also nothing. Pain definitely isn't a factor when it comes to HT's.