to stop or not to stop that is the question.

Hi all I have been on regain for about 3 years now and did notice some difference in the first year but not much after that. I have recently returned from new york after having 2600 grafts via strip with Dr Feller and feel I will no longer need to use regain. Although i have heard it will help speed up the growth process do you think it will have any downsides if i stop using it after a couple of months on my transplanted hair.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all I have been on regain for about 3 years now and did notice some difference in the first year but not much after that. I have recently returned from new york after having 2600 grafts via strip with Dr Feller and feel I will no longer need to use regain. Although i have heard it will help speed up the growth process do you think it will have any downsides if i stop using it after a couple of months on my transplanted hair.

Thanks in advance.

I agree with Doc Patient. It is better to use it for first 6 to 7 months after the procedure to speed up the results. After that you are free to give it up. It will affect only your native hair not the transplanted hair.

Ravi Vide

If you stop, you might try to ween yourself off of it gradually. For exampe, go to once a day, for a few weeks, then once every other day, then twice a week, etc.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard from Dr. True that Minoxodil does NOT speed up growth...that this is a false rumor. However, in order to keep any hair you've regained from Minoxodil, you must keep using it. I just posted somewhere else that I used it for years and now I don't use it anymore. I had very little benefit using it, so I stopped it altogether...I lossed the little I gained, but now I don't have itchy or greasy scalp icon_wink.gif. But if it's working for you, best to stay with it...that's my thought.

Bill

Bill statement sounds valid? If minioxidil has been show to have zero effectin the frontal area, why would it speed up growth? Maybe in the crown I would give it some merit

There are many items out there "sold" for post op HT recovery and from what I researched many items just don't speed up growth or recovery.

They do speed up the disappearance of yuour money

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!