Duralith

adi

Hello Everybody,

I am a student of std.10. My grand father is suffering from depression. There is a significant change in his mood and behavior. He gets irritated and angry very easily these days. When we take him to a doctor we come to know that he is suffering from bipolar disorder. Doctor has prescribed him to take duralith. Could any one tell me what is this duralith. This is first time I have heard about this drug. Please help me.

[promotional link removed by forum moderator - Robert]

Hello Adi,

This is quite common in the age group of your grand father so don't get worried about that. Duralith is very effective in treatment of bipolar disorder also known as manic disorder. Duralith is also known as lithium carbonate and Priadel. This drug is helpful in reducing frequency and severity of depression and manic disorder. The effects of this drug depend on individuals and results vary from person to person. Lithium changes sodium movement in nerve cell, Cause a shift toward intraneuronal metabolism of catecholamine. However the specific mechanism of action of lithium in bipolar disorder is under research and still unknown. I think this much information iis enough for you, however if you want to get more information you can search it in Google.