How many FUs per procedure?

I just had a transplant 2 weeks ago. During the original consultation the Dr estimated a total of 2,600 units would be transplanted, 800 to the front and the rest in the crown. They were able to get 3,800 FU from donor strip and the Dr asked if I wanted to go ahead and have them all put in. I did get all 3800 in. As I looked at the various pictures on this site I noticed that no one has had more than 2000 at a time.... Is it an issue of cost, or safety?

I just had a transplant 2 weeks ago. During the original consultation the Dr estimated a total of 2,600 units would be transplanted, 800 to the front and the rest in the crown. They were able to get 3,800 FU from donor strip and the Dr asked if I wanted to go ahead and have them all put in. I did get all 3800 in. As I looked at the various pictures on this site I noticed that no one has had more than 2000 at a time.... Is it an issue of cost, or safety?

I guess the main reason is that most people don't have a donor area that will produce 3800 FU in one session.

How long did this session take ?? In my case it took about 6-7 hours for the entire procedure for 'only' 1800 units.

How big was the donor strip that was taken out ??

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

Bverotti: You have a point. The Dr seemed enthusiastic, if not surprised, when he was able to get so many FUs from my donor strip. The incision literally goes from right above one ear to the next. The procedure took about 7.5 hours. The Dr does not make the actual implants. He has a team of ten assistants separating FUs and later four technician, two on each side, one holding the incision open while the other inserts the FU. The Dr also has a nurse anesthetizing the areas. His role was to draw hairline, remove and suture the donor area, and make all incisions and of course to supervise his team. It was trully a very smooth operation, both in the medical and professional sense.