Do you know the background of your Doctor

I have been thinking a little bit more in depth about this HT process and one subject I have not seen on here yet piqued my interest.

I have been a R.N. for 15 yrs. and have a different perspective of physicians then the general public might. I get the impression most people see the title Doctor by a persons name and assume to some degree they are highly skilled practicioner. In my years of working in the I.C.U. I have seen the skill levels of doctors vary greatly.

What has been the experience of most people on here in terms of knowing the background of their doctors. Were they general practicioners who learned HT in a weekend seminar working with oranges? Do they have some sort of surgical background? Titles can be very misleading. For instance: a general M.D. can call himself a plastic surgeon although he is not a board certified plastic surgeon.

Being a surgeon doesnt guarantee that one will be a good HT surgeon either. I have seen some shoddy work by surgeons and they had their hospital privleges revoked. I remember visiting a vascular surgeon who went into HT work. Now vascular work is very fine work requiring good coordination. But his HT work looked terrible in his photos. So it begs another question: why did these general surgeons or other types of surgeons go into HT? Were they inadequete in their fields or did they see an opportunity to make easy money in a less stressful enviroments. (I do think the latter is very appealing to doctors who work all day and then get called during the night by dumb nurses asking dumb questions).

I have been thinking a little bit more in depth about this HT process and one subject I have not seen on here yet piqued my interest.

I have been a R.N. for 15 yrs. and have a different perspective of physicians then the general public might. I get the impression most people see the title Doctor by a persons name and assume to some degree they are highly skilled practicioner. In my years of working in the I.C.U. I have seen the skill levels of doctors vary greatly.

What has been the experience of most people on here in terms of knowing the background of their doctors. Were they general practicioners who learned HT in a weekend seminar working with oranges? Do they have some sort of surgical background? Titles can be very misleading. For instance: a general M.D. can call himself a plastic surgeon although he is not a board certified plastic surgeon.

Being a surgeon doesnt guarantee that one will be a good HT surgeon either. I have seen some shoddy work by surgeons and they had their hospital privleges revoked. I remember visiting a vascular surgeon who went into HT work. Now vascular work is very fine work requiring good coordination. But his HT work looked terrible in his photos. So it begs another question: why did these general surgeons or other types of surgeons go into HT? Were they inadequete in their fields or did they see an opportunity to make easy money in a less stressful enviroments. (I do think the latter is very appealing to doctors who work all day and then get called during the night by dumb nurses asking dumb questions).

Very good point.

I know there is a site where you can check to see if you doc has any lawsuits against him/her.. The first time I visited my HT doc I talked to a guy who was visiting for a 10 month follow up and he told me about this.. Based on this & his great results it really helped me make my decesion ( along with some research)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!