Hair a bit thinner after HT

Guest dude1

I'm somewhat worried because a year after my first HT my density is somewhat less - at least that's how it appears to me. I started at a NW 6 and the new grafts appear to have grown successfully, although I cannot tell if there are as many as I was told I was given. My hair is shorter also, so that gives it the illusion of less hair.

Has anyone experienced this phenomenon of less density for awhile? I seem to remember seeing something about this on the forum quite awhile ago. It's been over a year and I am on Proscar. My hair is fine so that's also a minus.

Any words of encouragement would be appreciated as I'm planning to move ahead with further HT's.

A worried HT patient

I'm somewhat worried because a year after my first HT my density is somewhat less - at least that's how it appears to me. I started at a NW 6 and the new grafts appear to have grown successfully, although I cannot tell if there are as many as I was told I was given. My hair is shorter also, so that gives it the illusion of less hair.

Has anyone experienced this phenomenon of less density for awhile? I seem to remember seeing something about this on the forum quite awhile ago. It's been over a year and I am on Proscar. My hair is fine so that's also a minus.

Any words of encouragement would be appreciated as I'm planning to move ahead with further HT's.

A worried HT patient

The first and most obvious reason would be that some more original (non-transplanted) hair has been lost. However, you stated you started as a 6 so I'm assuming you mean the transplanted area itself is appearing thinner (assuming there was no original hair left there)? If we're talking about transplanted hairs, I'm more inclined to think it's a hair moisture or texture issue instead of an actual hair loss issue. If not already doing so, try a volumizing shampoo, moisturizing conditioner and then even a leave-in conditioner and see if this helps (I like the "Aussie" volumizing shampoo and moisturizing & repairing conditioners).

trying2moveahead