Hair Transplant fix question...

Hi Guys,

4 years ago I went to doctor Michael Molton, he said he would so 1500 grafts from a scar measuring 12 cms long...today the work is mildly satisfactory ...very disappointed with his work ethic....

so 4 years later and wiser 31 years old Ive booked a HT with Dr Jenny Martinick...1000 grafts to the upper vertex area which is the oval part just abit before the crown...from my interview with Jennifer I can tell she will do a great job and deliver what she says...she is more passioante and knows abt the techniques which make all the difference

My questions are...which i forgot to ask her are

1. I have a few hairs from the previous HT which are in the wrong angle/direction etc...is it easy for her to correct this for me? how would one go abt correcting this..will she take it out and discard it or replant it?

2. she said she would cut a new scar over my existing one , will this make my skin more taut at this area and the donor area more visible?

thanks

Hi Guys,

4 years ago I went to doctor Michael Molton, he said he would so 1500 grafts from a scar measuring 12 cms long...today the work is mildly satisfactory ...very disappointed with his work ethic....

so 4 years later and wiser 31 years old Ive booked a HT with Dr Jenny Martinick...1000 grafts to the upper vertex area which is the oval part just abit before the crown...from my interview with Jennifer I can tell she will do a great job and deliver what she says...she is more passioante and knows abt the techniques which make all the difference

My questions are...which i forgot to ask her are

1. I have a few hairs from the previous HT which are in the wrong angle/direction etc...is it easy for her to correct this for me? how would one go abt correcting this..will she take it out and discard it or replant it?

2. she said she would cut a new scar over my existing one , will this make my skin more taut at this area and the donor area more visible?

thanks

charlie,

Welcome to our community.

Hair tranplant repair surgery can be done a couple of ways. Which one is better is debatable, however, a lof of it depends upon the specifics of the individual hair transplant patient.

Both methods include removal of a strip which includes the old scar. This will leave you with a single scar rather than two distinct scars. With the new trichophytic closure technique, most likely, you will end up with a better looking scar than after the first surgery.

Two methods of repair using strip surgery:

1. Camoflauge: this is where new follicular unit grafts are transplanted around the old mini-grafts or plugs in order to camoflauge it. Many hair transplant physicians have used this method succesfully creating a more natural look.

2. Removal of Old grafts: this is where a this is where the old grafts are excised from the scalp and follicular unit grafts are transplanted in it's place which will create a more natural look. Scarring, however, is inevitable in the locations where the old grafts were removed.

Either one of these methods can be used to handle hairs of the wrong direction also - depending on what the physician thinks is best in your case.

I hope this helps.

Bill