HT with Armani? Doesn't his method make sense at all? Please help.

Thanks for bringing that up GrowPlease. I should have mentioned from the start that Dr. Armani suggested 2500 grafts.

If a reputable dr. like Dr. Hason gave someone a 1950 graft HT who is one yr older than me and who was, judging by his pre-op pics, not receding as much as I am, wouldn't 2500 grafts be considered some what practical by comparison.

Any responses to this and GrowPlease's post will be greatly appreciated.

It seems like everyone already has their mind made up and probably with good reasons, but we have to, for once and for all, get to the bottom of this whole Armani thing lol. Together we can do it !(I'm sleep deprived)

Hi all

I commented earlier on this topic but it is commonplace to get different opinions from many docs including coalition ones. Some prefer a more agressive approach ( i.e megasessions)while others are more cautious..At the end of the day it is the customer's call and he is the one is going to have to live with the results. Personally, I think it is better to deal on the side of caution as the donor supply is finite. It's like taking all of your money out of the bank to spend rather than staying on budget over time..

Your choice, but you will live with the consequences!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Guest Cousin_It

I think we may be jumping the gun a bit on Armani, if one of the Coalition doctors were to make such a recommendation, we would accept it and rarely question his judgement.

The analogy to GrowPlease's work with Hasson is a good comparison. Because of his reputation we would not question it, if perhaps it was made by some other doctor we might view it as irresponsible. Sometimes even the controversial doctors can make a sound judgement call.

My advice, check around with a few doctors and take your time making a decision. As long as you know the up and downsides involved, whatever you decide will be right for you.

This is going to be about the 50th time I've thanked u guys, but thanks for all of the advice and input.

I truely appreciate all of your honesty.

It really helps because I know all of you have a lot more experience with this than I do.

I'm going to send some updated pics to Hason as GrowPlease and just about everyone suggested lol and some updated ones to Dr. Feller, who I had a consulatation with about 3 years ago to get a second and third opinion and go from there.

Cousin_It,

I understand your concern about jumping the gun, however, do read on. The criticism about Armani is not specific to his recommendation to NYCguy. do a search on "Armani" on this and other forums. You will find countless controversies over his very "liberal" approach which in many opinions (including my own) crosses the line into unethical mostly centering around his work on young people, creating very low hairlines and doing extreme dense packing, leaving not much reservation in the limited donor supply.

NYCGuy,

You are welcome...no worries my friend. Keep researching.

Bill

Guest Cousin_It

Bill...

I am aware of Armani's irresponsible recommendations in the past. I am just commenting on his current recommendations to NYC. From the information he has given us, a procedure such as that recommended by Armani may be appropriate.

Bill...

I am aware of Armani's irresponsible recommendations in the past. I am just commenting on his current recommendations to NYC. From the information he has given us, a procedure such as that recommended by Armani may be appropriate.

Glad you are aware. And I agree with you. Based on Armani's recommendation to NYCguy, I don't think there is anything wrong with it either. There may be others on this thread arguing that Armani's specific advice to NYCguy is wrong, but I don't feel that way. To me, it's just a matter of whether or not I'd want to go to a doctor who's ethics are questionable.

Bill

This has been a really good discussion for me to read and I've enjoyed the 'debate'. When I got back into looking for a hair transplant around this time last year, I saw all of the Armani ads, but it felt a little 'Bosley-like' to me - lots of marketing, but was there any substance? Well, the after photos definitely proved that the results are quite impressive. I was quite captivated by the thick, low hairlines!

Of course, again, I didn't think to look for data on the patients: their age, number of grafts, number of surgeries, etc. To this day, they still refuse to list these stats on their site for any of the patients.

I'm glad I found this site to make me more knowledgeable.

The goal with my recent HT this spring was to hide the prior M&M grafts and thicken the hairline.

Prior to my surgery with Ron Shapiro (and in response to my 'goal') I was asked the question: would I be willing to go thicker in front at the risk of running short of grafts in case Propecia and Rogaine did not hold off thinning in my crown (based upon my family history)?

My answer was a definite 'no'. While I would love a hairline that draws admiration from even non-balding people, it would be foolish of me to use up all or a large majority of my donor hair and risk being unhappy later in life. I'm still young, but 'old' enough to know that it's all about balance.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Guest Cousin_It

Bill...

If you are inexperienced then you may end up regretting his recommendations later in life, but if you know what is best for your situation and take advantage of his talents, I think you will be happy with the results. He really does do good work.

Cousin_It,

That's where you and I can agree to disagree. It depends how you define "good work". I believe he CAN do good work and is qualified to do so. I believe he HAS done good work, but I also believe he has set some patients up for failure (hence the question of ethics) due to extreme surgery at a young age. So though I agree with your assessment that one can take advantage of his talents if one is educated enough to see through the crap, I would argue that there are many other doctors just as talented that ARE ethical and I would rather put my trust in them to do the work.

Bill

Wow !

I just got my response from Hason

Just based on the pics he reccomends 1500 - 1800 !

I thought only Armani would take me because of my age....

Still waitting on a response from Feller !

I should have explained more in my last post, Hason's office made it very clear that 1500 - 1800 is not a definate range because that could not be decided based on pics alone and it is possible that it could be more like 1100 or 1200 depending on how it looks in person...also they made it clear that they will give me a mature hairline and not a teenage one...just want to be clear this time

NYCguy,

If I recall, you are 26 years old, which is a more exceptable age than a 20 year old. Additionally, age isn't everything, it's only one variable an ethical doctor will consider in making a decision to do surgery. As I said...in your specific case, I don't believe Armani is giving you an unreasonable estimate. The question of Armani is "general" ethics. Dr. Hasson has proven to be an ethical doctor IMO and will not steer you wrong.

Bill