How many grafts for a NW 6

Rick055

Lets say you're a NW 6. But you've got 9,000 thick donor grafts.

You tried propecia for two years and got nothing but side effects. No regrowth. Zip.

Is 9,000 grafts enough to create a nice effect? A nice frame and at least enought hair in the crown to hold a little Toppik?

The reason I ask is I see a bunch of people who were NW 6s who are still taking propecia and I wonder why? Unless it regrew a significant amount of hair, if you're already there, what's the point?

It isn't for the maintenance of the transplanted hair, right? That hair is already immune from DHT, right?

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Kirkland minoxidil 5% QD pm

Nizoral Q2W

American Crew Revitalize Shampoo

Lets say you're a NW 6. But you've got 9,000 thick donor grafts.

You tried propecia for two years and got nothing but side effects. No regrowth. Zip.

Is 9,000 grafts enough to create a nice effect? A nice frame and at least enought hair in the crown to hold a little Toppik?

The reason I ask is I see a bunch of people who were NW 6s who are still taking propecia and I wonder why? Unless it regrew a significant amount of hair, if you're already there, what's the point?

It isn't for the maintenance of the transplanted hair, right? That hair is already immune from DHT, right?

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Nizoral Q2W

Guest wanthairs

ive heard people saying, take your NWD level and multiply it by 6...so a minimum of 6000 grafts would be neccessary to achieve a decent effect....

As a previous NWD 6 myself, the 2800 grafts i had on my front and mid have produced such a great effect 8 months post op that I doubt i would need more than 6000 total to have a fully restored effect. that maynbe because i have very coarse wiry middle eastern type hair which helps. Maybe someone who has very fine hair with a contrasting scalp color would need more than 6000 graftys.

I also have pretty thick hair with a slight wave to it.

I am hoping that I have a large donor supply. It appears I do but I want a coalition doc to check, so I can begin planning.

You had your work done by Dr. Epstein - is he the one in Florida? I was just looking at his site as I am in Georgia. Did you like his work?

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Nizoral Q2W

Rick, whatever doc you decide upon, make sure he can do megasessions/dense packing in one procedure (that's 2k grafts and upwards), especially with your NW level. IMO, while the coalition docs are all good and do ultra-refined work, not all of them are showing megasession numbers. Perhaps their sites are outdated, and I could be wrong. Here's who I considered for an HT:

Feller (who I went with--all around great doc)

H&W (show very large numbers for megasessions)

Rahal (all around great doc)

Alexander (most natural hairlines I've seen, not sure on how many grafts he can get)

Shapiro (all around good doc)

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com